• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Killfast

I had the 1.6 vrsion of this board for 4 months with no problems and then all of the sudden it would just shut down and restart over and over again. I put new memory in and still had problems. The memory tested out fine and so did the processor. So I figured it was the board. So I got the new version 2.0 and am still having the same problems. Every time I start up it tells me that there is a SYSTEM MEMORY PROBLEM. It even shuts down on me when in bios. I am not a computer expert by any means so I didnt really mess with anything. I did reset the CMOS by taking out the battery and moving the jumper and then putting it all back and now it just keeps rebooting and never gets past that. Thanks for any help you can give me..

AMD 2700
ATI radion 9000
A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
W/D 120 gig hd
Cooler master case
:( :(

I agree with Aslan, constant reboots are commonly caused by a bad psu, I have a rev 1.4 and had a similar problem with an old psu. If you have a multimeter, try and see if you can get some readings from the psu connectors, also check at the atx plug, there should be a diagram in the manual to tell you the voltage specs for each wire in the connector.

Jim

def check out that psu.. i wouldnt keep attempting to power it on.. if it relaly is your psu then stop right there and get a new one.. if you keep trying to boot it up it will eventually kill your board and other parts of your comp =d

Did it just start happening? Are you running win XP or ME? You might have that new virus that is out there! Thats what it does! Make your system keep rebooting

boxboy said:
Did it just start happening? Are you running win XP or ME? You might have that new virus that is out there! Thats what it does! Make your system keep rebooting

Got any info on this, haven't heard of a new virus lately.

*edit*
Just noticed the news of the virus on the front page, I don't believe it would be the virus, as his computer should make it to the desktop in less than 30 seconds, the virus is supposed to time about 60 seconds, and looks like it only infects the os, which would not cause the sys to reboot in the bios.

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replys. I thought that it could be a power supply problem too but wasnt sure. To answer the question about what OS I am useing its XP Pro. It just seems weird because when I first put the new board in it was working great that night and then I shut it down and was going to finish in the morning. It started fine then too and then I went to do windows update and thats when it went nuts on me. The updates loaded and installed and then when it rebooted it would just do it over and over again. I reformated and it still wont stay running. I am going to try reformating again and then try to get start again. I have read some about steeing the Voltage up one and making sure that my bus speed is correct.

Also when installing the OS and updates, make sure that you're not o/c'd. and BTW,

Welcome to the forums

Daaa your saying overclocked........ When I first turned the system on it did read my CPU as a 2400 when it is a 2700. And I did adjust the CPU External Freq to 133MHz and the Multiple to 13.0(not positive on the multiple) but I did bump it up one. I hope I didnt screw it up doing that..

The board should automatically see the mutiplyer as 13 and you should set the fsb to 166 as the XP2700+ is a 333fsb cpu. It should be a 2.17ghz, but 13x166=2158 is close enough for the to call it a 2.17 I guess.

Jim

Thanks for the help. I'll post tomarrow when i get time to try these things out.

Back