• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super mega bad!! NF7 will not stay on: Please please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axle

I've had this (newegg refurb) v1.2 (could be 1.1) for a few months, now, running a TC4 with it. Today I went back to air, with an SLK-900U.. apparantly there had been some problems mounthing this sink on my MB.

I think I probably chipped a little tiny chip, somewhere along the way... also, a little (no more than .5-1mm) piece of something fell off, sort of grayish.

But now :)cry: ) IT WILL NOT STAY ON! I turn on the button, it posts, tells me the chip is unworkable (like it always does.. I removed the chip from the socket to get the SLK on, and it forgot), and then it turns off. Most it's been on is about 10-15 seconds.

PLEASE, SOMEONE, ANYONE, WHAT IS WRONG? :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm quite serious that I have NO MONEY to replace this board if I broke it, and I will therefor have no computer.

Thank you so much in advance, all :eh?: :confused:

Have you tried resetting the BIOS....pieces falling off do not sound good. I had a Soyo KT333 Lite that had to be RMA'd to fix a tiny chip or something by the socket.

Anyway, the other thing is to take the MB out of the case and try booting... to make sure nothing is grounding. Also, if you can borrow another CPU and try it or try yours in someone else's computer.

Hope this helps.....

Back