• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF do my 3d mark scores go DOWN when I OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeanTownBrawler

I just oced my barton 2500 from 200x10.5 to 200x11. Before I got around 5000, not I dont even get 3000. Is there a reason for this?

Maybe some of your windows settings have been messed up a little. A good old reformat/reinstall never hurt anybody. Try starting fresh, it might help out a little.

Mabye its just futuremark blowing smoke :D Have you lost points in anyother benchmarking utility? lost any fps in a real game? A re-format (if you know how) could only help so go for it if you want.

Maybe your computer failed at the higher speed and reset to its original clockspeed.

ryuen said:
i would agree with cam. maybe the oc failed and it resetted for some reason

that doesnt make since at all.

Stock -> 6090

OC'd -> 6017

If it resetted it then i would be getting 6090 again. I also dont think 3dmark can reset your settings while you are running the benchmark then put them back to where you had it when its done.

ive had the same thing...
my score went down when OC'ing...

---edit---
and no, my windows isnt messed up, my settings didnt reset themselves, and for sure i have thermal throttle disabled.....

Back