• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSblast Virus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

Anyone got the MSblast worm virus that came out today? I just found out I have it and I dont know what its going to effect but already I cant cut and paste and my media player seems to be screwed. If anyone knows how to get rid iof it please post on here. Microsofts advice is to get a firewall or if you already have it to contact them, which is not something I imagine will be fun so any other ways to get rid would be a godsend.

Yeh I have PCcillin and zonealarm firewall but I leave them turned off for memory space. Im not sure exactly what it does but its something do do with messing up your kernel and resetting your PC. I think. I found the .exe by chance because the firewall said do you want MSBlast to connect to the internet! Hmm let me think. Nooo not right now. I deleted it anyway and the Virus scan comes up clean but before there were odd things like IE not opening links in new windows and cutting and pasting not working. Seems back to normal now so time will tell. I just want to make sure its gone for good because people were saying antivirus proggys dont find it sometimes.

Thanks Kendan Im glad you showed me that link because I wouldnt have known to check the registry. I think its all gone now Im lucky it hasnt fully wrecked the machine. I think if I had broadband it would have worked its magic by now.

Back