• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone help mu cpu is way to hot (highest i say was 75 degress celcius!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fazz33

anyone got some cooling tips
my cooling stuff is a volcano 9 heatsink and fan, i have 2 case fans 3100rpm each blowing in air. i use arctic silver 3 thermal compund i put it on right only a small layer on the heatsink/fan to cover the small gaps.
the highest temps on my mobo is 42ish i have cooling devices on my ram too thermaltake copper heatspreaders. i use a gigabyte mobo
could the reading be wrong? and any tips to cool? oh and it is not overclocked.
:mad:

1) make sure your HS or where your air comes in the case isn't clogged w/ dust.

2) Remount HS. Put some AS on your Volcano9, put your hand in a zip lock-bag or sarran wrap, rub it into the HS, wipe ALL the excess off w/ a lint free clothe. Take what is left on the zip-lock bag and dab your CPU core w/ it until you have an even coverage. Then mount it carefully w/ out messing up your AS.

3) Add a fan blowing air out.

i think you should reseat you hsink. you have to get it exactly right so you may not have done it correctly the first time

dont blame yourself tho its mostly down to luck as to wether you get it seated right

try it and see what happens

try running it with the case side off for a couple of hours if it makes it cooler then you need better case cooling if it dosent then the hisnk is what is wrong

Back