• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AthlonXP 1700+ question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ucdbiendog

Heya guys,
Got a quick question regarding specifying a CPU multiplier. If I mod the bridges on my tbred-B chip, will i still be able to choose lower multipliers AFTER i specify a multiplier that is higher than 12.5? Thanks in advance

Ryan

It depends on your mobo. What mobo do you have?

Since you are talking about modding the bridges to gain access to the higher multipliers, I assume that your mobo does not give you access to all the multilpliers right now. You only have access to the lower (5x-12.5x) multipliers. The answer in this case is NO, you will not have access to the lower multipliers after you mod the bridges. The reason is that your mobo does not have control over the 5th bridge (which selects either the higher or lower multipliers), and therefore, your mobo will not be able to change back to the lower multipliers.

Back