• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What multipliers will I be able to see?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

If I get a T-Bred B or a Barton, what multipliers will I be able to see (w/ the mobo in my sig). I contacted Epox and w/ the latest BIOS (which I have), both cores are supported up to 2800+.

you should be able to see in the m/b its range they give from their website, no matter what chip. however what can be used is a different story depending on the fsb.

you will be able to see either teh HI or LO multipliers depending on the chip that you get..

if you were to get 2500+ or 1700+ you'll get the LO multipliers from 5 to 12.5

if you were to get something like 2700+ or 2800+ you'll see HI mulitpliers from 12.5 to like 22

Alright I'm looking into buying a 2500+, but I'm not at all for sure. I plan on OC'ing it, but if I'm only going to get the lower multipliers, then maybe a 1700+ would be better? I will be using it in the mobo in my sig. With the 2500+, there would be no use for the 4/5 divider, right?

The only real way for me to overclock it to take advantage of my 4/5 divider. And, the only way that is going to come into play is if I get a 1700+. Since I'm going to be stuck with the lower end multis anyway I go, I might as well go with the 1700+, right? And where are some places I can get a guaranteed T-Bred B of a decent stepping?

Back