• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1600 stepping question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AGOIA's are good but consider that you can probably get enough $ for it on eBay to buy the $49 1700+ T-Bred and then take the T-Bred toward 3000+.

Palomino is still a Palomino even if it's AGOIA...

c627627

I hear ya however it is all about how cheap I can put a second system together, and I am in Canada so the 1700 DLT3C's are $90 cause they are known to overclock and thats about $65 US just like excaiberpc.com or something like that is selling em fer.

At least I know the stepping of this 1600 is decent, if I can haggle seller down to like the equal of $30 US

Cisco KId

AGOIA is decent. Good luck with it, are you going to be unlocking it?

c627627 said:
AGOIA is decent. Good luck with it, are you going to be unlocking it?

yeah will plan to lock it but I will be happy to run it at 166, as it will go on a K7T266 pro RU board or 8K3A, most imp I want stability as it will be a second system for wife
got any links to unlocking video, as I am on lunch and pretty much out the door

cisco kid

There are a few other characters that are good signs in there too:

0213TPDW
Y8052270197

The agoia 0213 Y's are about the creme of the crop for Pallys :D

Mine is currently @2034 in an 8K3a running flawlessly; watercooled with cpu temp of 39c right now but it has been higher of late due to ambients.

When cpu stays below 40c I can hit near 2100 and remain completely stable....as long as the ambient temp doesn't go up!

Great chip, IMO.

Watch the classifieds here, I picked up my 2100 Tbred for $65 over 2 months ago, and I;ve seen people sell the 1700's for $40.... it is worth a little waiting for a good deal.

But anywho.... you have one(if not THE) best pally's ever made.

Yep the AGOIA-Y is one of the best stepping on the 1600 Pally's i use one in my main rig, i bough tin the classifieds. It does around 1.8GHz on stock voltage and im sure ot would do more if i could increase the vcore but my PS isnt up to the job. All in all there great chips expect at least the 1.74GHz mark from it on stck volts maybe more depending on the week i cant remember witch weeks were good on these.

Back