• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My NF7-S 2.0 needs 1.7v at 166 FSB???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freeek

Registered
Last days I was doing the L12 MOD in my socket to reach a better FSB. Before that I was running this settings totally stable:

BIOS 17
FSB 216 CPU Interface Enabled VDD 1.7v
RAM 6-3-2-2 (2.7v) (2.77 real)
CPU: 216x11 (2376mhz) 1.875v (1.82 real)

After the mod ( BIOS 17 recognizes my CPU as 200 FSB default, not 166, weird...)

I can boot at 225 DC, with same settings, but that´s not the problem....

Since I was getting some inestabilty issues, I was trying to isolate the problem, so I turned my FSB down to 166 and multi to 15.
166x15 (1.95v) (2.v in BIOS starts the ambulance thing)= Lockup in P95
166x14 (2320) (1.875v) = Lockup!!!

so I bunched the VDD up from 1.6v to 1.7v and no more lockups!!!! so what? I got a refurbished board or something? or the fact that im running 1GB in DC seems to require more chipset power??? THX

well, more weirdness.....

230 DC (CPUI enabled) x 6.5= Can boot and run Prime95 for 40 min and going..

230 DC (CPUI enabled)x10 or x10.5 or x11 = no f... boot at all!!!

230 DC(CPUI enabled)x9.5 ([email protected]) = boot, fail to run prime95 for 3 min

216DC (CPUI enabled) x11 ([email protected]) =boot and prime stable.... :confused:

now I got lost really.....

only common denominator i see is the CPUI being enabled... and is this with your 1700 in your sig?

yup, I will try to repeat same tests without CPUI enabled..... but it´s seems weird tho..... and yes, its a 1700 DLt3c 200FSB modded.

What are you reading the Voltage from?
In the bios in the PC health?
In the bios for seting it?
Or in program like MBM?
These boards are all way undervolted. So even if you change the settings in the bios to 1.7 if you read the voltage in the PC Health section (after reboot) or in MBM they fall about .05V to .5V (or more) short of what the setting is supposed to be in the bios.

well for me, 3 different abit nf7/nf7-s have all tested at a consistent 1.74 on board multimeter reading when the Vdd is set to 1.7 in the bios. from all my readings and probing, the voltages are usually right where you SET them at in bios, nevermind what some program monitor is telling you. get a multimeter and probe the board.

BTTHR said:
What are you reading the Voltage from?
In the bios in the PC health?
In the bios for seting it?
Or in program like MBM?
These boards are all way undervolted. So even if you change the settings in the bios to 1.7 if you read the voltage in the PC Health section (after reboot) or in MBM they fall about .05V to .5V (or more) short of what the setting is supposed to be in the bios.
actually, im taking the Hardware monitor Numbers or MBM5 ones (both are the same tho..), the BIOS numbers are so f.....d up..

Anyway, yesterday I flashed bios 10, and whatever FSB I wanna boot , it recognizes me 219 FSB always.... ..., im gonna flash from a disk now. Cause flashing from AbitFlasher is not an option now, after flashing to Bios 10 it doesnt work anymore....... weird again..

Back