• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ v1.1 error code 29 and hibernate issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zagor

I have had this board for about 4 months now and I am getting really tired of having to turn the computer on and off several times each time I do a power-on just to get past error code 29.

Once the system boots it seems to work fine as long as I don't shut it off. Once I shut it off it's back to "press the button and hope it doesn't get stuck on error 29". I really have not been able to figure out any kind of pattern. Sometimes it works on the first try other times I have to cycle the power as much as 7/8 times.

I really hate to leave my computer running all the time so I figured I'll just put the computer in hibernate mode....wrong answer!! my hibernate tab is grayed out and so is the stand-by button.

This happens wheather the system is overclocked or not. I have set everything to default speed and it didn't help.

System:
Winxp Pro with SP1
AMD2100
ATI AIW radeon (the original)
1GB pc2700 (I had 512k until last week, added another stick in dual-channel mode)
ACPI turned on the the BIOS, if I turn it off then winxp will not boot
Updated bios to the latest version (7/16)
Using on board lan and sound.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hmm, is your PSU providing enough juice? Have tried loading BIOS defaults?

Looking at my 8rda+ manual, error code 29 has a couple descriptions. I can think of a number of things to try. Like pulling all your cards except video, restoring defaults, watching the voltages in the health status screen to see if any of them are dipping below their output spec etc.

Also would consider downgrading the BIOS to a prior version.

HTH

Back