• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New problem to windows XP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BUBBLE

Receientley there's been a new problems arrived to windows XP machines. After running windows xp updates, and while you're in the net a message appears saying there's problem in the machine and it'll be autmatically shutdown witthing given period of time. And of course it really happens. This problem seems to be came out wthing the last week and most of the laptops seems to be affected by this. (So far TOSHIBA stands number 1 in this problem) Is there anyne out there know any idea abt this? Currentley TOSHIBA is working with Microsoft to work out htis problem.:cool:

sorry for the early post!

Hi guys/gals,

sorry for my post even though this has been addressed several time in the froum but didn't noticed by me. Tell you what I feel like bump. But hey after all we are still awake for those things.:D

well i realize why so many new posts were made... if you only have seconds, it is awfully hard to search the forums :)

it is pretty much impossible for some people on 56k to get the download in time :)

Hmm Virus free - but we do have a NAT router and firewalls on every PC :D - has anyone caught it in the act of downloading? Where does it come from?

SinsFeelNatural said:
This is one that cannot be blamed on by downloading.

The attackers are scanning ISP hosts for IP addresses and either trying to attack them all or just the ones that seem to be vulnerable

edit: woops forgot the link

pm sent to jon to ask for a sticky with that link you put up. that tells everything about how to fix it :)

According to Symantec, the most prolific danger exists to Windows 200 and XP. The worm can spread to these computers, while on NT and Server 2003, they must manually be put on there. Everyone, take this as a lesson, update your system. As much as I love computers, I hate people who do this. Yes, it exposes a threat, but when you have a grudge against a company, and then make a worm to exploit them, it is not right. I truly hope that Windows users, and Microsoft itself learns a lesson from this. To all you users, check WindowsUpdate regularly, and you won't have to worry about things like this. To Microsoft, you must check your software more thoroughly for security holes. Yes, I know not all holes can be found, but this hole has existed since the NT days in a similar form. Now, I love Microsoft as a company, and in fact have a MSDN subscription, but I just want to post a notice from a dedicated user. Also, all those people who say that they can't update because of there bandwith, I call bullsh|t. It's a 1.23 MB download.

Back