• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP!!! HyperX PC3500 CAS2 or HyperX PC3700 CAS3???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oratel

Registered
Hey guys I placed an order for a Kingston HyperX PC3700 512 stick 5 minutes ago but now I am doubting it because it's rated at CAS3 and the timings are slower than the HyperX PC3500 which is rated at CAS2. WHAT SHOULD I DO??? Go with higher clock speed and looser timings or tighter timings and less clock speed?

I have 20 minutes at most to change the order.

THANKS FOR THE INSIGHT!!

The exact specs for the PC3500 are : 2-4-4-8-1T (CAS Latency 2)
The exact specs for the PC3700 are : 3-4-4-8-1 (CAS Latency 3)

Edit: It will be used on AMD XP2800 on Abit NF7-S board

im using the 3500 now. i think its a good match. chances are that theyre the same chips anyways, so at least yuoll be able to pull 3700 speeds if the board will do it.

ok, calm down there is no need to panic

OMFG< PANNNNIIICCCCCC

d00d just overclock the Kingston HyperX PC3700 in your bios to CAS2 timings ?

maybe im missing something here like kingston ram sucks and it doesnt oc well?
If im not then just do what i said. :)

Actually HyperX overclocks like the best of them. It even kicked a couple of Corsairs out of the running in some benchmarks. If I ocit in the bios at CAS2 won't it become unstable if it can't support that speed?

hyperX and nf2 boards dont mix. also get none of the above, try corsair pc3200 ram at 2-2-2-6-t1, slow timings are bad, trust me man

Back