• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TwinMOS w/ winbond CH-5 any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

hey guys,
I just bought some TwinMOS w/ CH-5 chips.
after a quick look @ vr-zone.com (Linky )

I had to make a quick pick, this ram is supposed to be gr8 and its affordable.

Did I make the right choice?
What do you think?

Thanks,
Suma.

It kicks ***.. yoiu can't get better for the price and it's better than alot of ram that costs way more.. it's known to beat Corsairs/Mushkins/Kingstons top and very expensive memories.

CH-5 chips are not as good as the BH-5 chips. Mushkin uses the CH-5 chips on its level 1 stuff and uses the BH-5 on its level 2 Ram. Yes the CH-5 chips are good but only at loose timings. You have to get ram ram up to about 450mhz before you score high mem. benchmarks because you have ran it at loose timings

Mine does good timings.. i have heard that CH-5 cannot do TRCD faster than 3.. mine does though so it is probably just BS like most stuff i hear.

CH-5 works great on AMD boards, so I hear but not as good for the new Intel boards.

q149 - the tRCD (Ras to Cas) setting at 3 is for the new Intel boards but there's a lot of guys that manage to get it to 2 with high volts.

-Bobby

everybody, Intel doesn't intrest me, I'm an AMD man, got 2 DLT3Cs, love'em both.

and back to the point now,
listen up, I'm currently running DDR 450, fsb @ 225, timings @ 2.5 4 4 9 !@$! Trible!
w/ the TwinMOS (TMD - 50B) sucky chips, can do nice with loose timings. the VDD is on 1.8~
btw, currently running SC!
512mb in 1 stick.

anyway, I can always sell the ch-5 as new in Israel (you can't get them there!) I can sell it in a high price, like 200$ or so.

but I really want to up my fsb to like 230 running DC, same as q149, but I don't want to do the vdimm mod, it's to complicated on my mobo.

im probably getting that exact ram too, Everyone keeps telling me it will do 230 pretty easily and you can still keep the timings fairly tight

Cool dude, I just got mine, I bought 2x256 got 1 CH-5 and 1 TMD, I called MemoryX and they'll send my another CH-5 in Fedex Nextday.

V.good Customer Service, a+

YEah the bh5 are better modules. My twinmoss 3200 is doing 450 right now at 2.5-3-3-7

yours are bh-5? dude, my TwinMOS w/ the TwinMOS chips do DDR 450. your timings are high as well.

if the ch-5 will do this I will be disappointed, seriously.

Back