• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on what ram utility to use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sentry

Registered
I'm trying to improve my laptop mem usage.

1) and most importantly reduce the number of freezes/crashes and
2)in some way to also boost performance.

I've done some software searching and have seen utilities such as Memokit, freeram, and a few others. However, im a bit hesitant to jump in and start installing more junk onto the system, so I would prefer to have have some suggestions before I do install anything.

Adding more memory is still an option but (bad mem management) ram defragmentation is what I want to target right now. I'm not expecting miracle but I really need to keep crashes to a minimum as this laptop is primarily used during school.

To be honest, any software that says it "Optimizes memory" or "Improves memory performance" is probably not going to help very much. AnalogX.com has a free utility you can try out called FreeMem, it doesn't hog resources and is based on very tight, efficient code.

Back