• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rev 1 right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Argoyle

Registered
ASUSTeK Computer INC. A7N8X2.0 REV 1.xx

This means that my mobo is a rev 1.xx and not a 2, right? That 2.0 after A7N8X is causing me to have misgivings.

Also, I can't upgrade to a 2, can I?

Welcome to the forums

You can check the mobo itself by lookin between the pci slots, should say model # and revision, between the first and second pci slots I think.

Jim

I just received my M/B yesterday & I ordered a 2.0 from ACCUPC.

I am looking at my new M/B in the box. The box does not state version #2 nor on the label, but I have to look below the second & above the third PCI slot to read version 2.0. My M/B also has bios 1005.

Hope this helps!

Pat

SWEET! I thought for sure it was a rev1. This place is the best! Thanks guys!

P.S. thanks weasel!

Pat said:
I just received my M/B yesterday & I ordered a 2.0 from ACCUPC.

I am looking at my new M/B in the box. The box does not state version #2 nor on the label, but I have to look below the second & above the third PCI slot to read version 2.0. My M/B also has bios 1005.

Hope this helps!

Pat

Ifyou box states that it has the new 400fsb chipset it is the newest of the board. I got this one and it cranks! see sig...

Tweaker

yes indeed it is a sweet board =d and what tweaker said.. all boxes with 400 FSB listed on teh cover are all revision 2s =d

Argoyle said:
... but mine is a 333MHz fsb...
Your cpu may be, but the 2.0 boards are able to support the 400fsb cpus without any mods, my 1.4 still won't run 400fsb even after the bios update and asus saying it's now supported, without the chipset mod.

Jim

Excellent. Thanks. Now if I could only finds a time when the asus site isn't too packed with traffic so I can download the latest update. :)

Well that's what I thought, but apparently that part is deceiving.

:D I'm goin'!

The NEW v2 w/400fsb is a mack daddy!!!!!!!!!!! Getting huge fsb and no shut downs and reboots. After the screwin' Asus did on evertone ont the below v2, Still gotta give em props on this board!

Tweaker.

PS MAKE SURE YOU FLASH THE CORRECT VER BIOS or you will bork your board!

Back