• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Positive Press or Not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EPirate

Whats better to have Positive or Negative pressure? I have a Standard LED fan sucking Air in from the front, also the HD dinking cooling kit with its 3 little fans. Then i got a Tornado High power fan (that big jet engine fan), sucking out the back along with the Power supplys fan sucking air out. Should i change it around abit? I got it sitting right next to my AC vent sucking cold air in but im still at a pretty high temp of 39 degrees C. Any tips?

Supertruckers answer is the typical forum answer... Positive pressure keeps dust from seeping into and through every crack in your case, and if you add filters then you will have very air movement and dust management. You want to keep the air pressure close to neutral still though.

Alright thx guys im gonna be moving around a few fans in the case now. Oh also i got about $60 to spend on some cooling things at CompUSA(only thing around here) anything good to spend money on to keep cool?

positive pressure is always good cause besides gettin a lot of cool air, you keep dust outside
just dont make it like a 9999999 CFM Intake and 28 CFM exhaust

Back