• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM that has most aggresive timings till at most 433mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metra

Everyone is discussing pc4000, etc these days. However, im still at around 400mhz.

Whats the best (and preferably cheap) RAM that can handle from 400 to 433mhz (but not necessarily 433 - even RAM that can do good at 400 is good) with the most aggresive timings (2-2-2-6)?

EDIT: In bold.

Last edited:
My Mushkin Black PC-3200 is doing 217 MHz at 11-2-2-2. I tested and found the 11 to be faster than 5 or 6 (strange but oh well). I bet it would go faster still, but this is where my board tops out. The build quality is excellent and their customer service is unmatched.

agreed, only mushkin's pc3500 black level 2 guarantees 2-2-2 timings at 433mhz. other memory *can* do it, but only mushkin guarantees it (ie. if it doesn't run 2-2-2 at 433mhz, you can return it for another stick).

the pc3500 bl2 uses winbond bh-5 chips, but are just guaranteed to oc that far. my pc3200 bl2 stick (also bh-5) is running at 440mhz at 2-2-2-6 1T timings, so i have no doubt that the pc3500 can do it.

yes it's expensive, but they often have weekend sales on their black high performance ram. i just got another two sticks of the pc3200 bl2 last weekend (aug2 weekend) for my friend, 2x256mb pc3200 BL2 for $134!! regular is like $200. i'd definitely check them out on the weekends, and with a coupon code of SUMMERDDR, you get 10% off too.

G|-|oST said:
My Mushkin Black PC-3200 is doing 217 MHz at 11-2-2-2. I tested and found the 11 to be faster than 5 or 6 (strange but oh well). I bet it would go faster still, but this is where my board tops out. The build quality is excellent and their customer service is unmatched.

I too have noticed my RAM will bench (and feels as though it performs better as well) at 11-2-2-2 as opposed to 5-2-2-2???

I have an N-force2 chipset as well. I'd like to know if that is the standard for thses chipsets, and why??:confused: :confused:

Yeah, some nForce2 boards work better with RAM with tRAS set to 11. Mine is the same way. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but someone had an explanation a while back.

why 2226 or 2225 and if i could get a twin pack of the mushkin vl2 for 134 id be all over it, so where did u find this deal?

Ok Ok. Since only Mushkin is the guaranteed RAM ive decided i only need timings from 400 to 433, not necessarily 433.

Any RAM that will do 2226?

Wow i want some pc3500 mushkin black, i was looking into the cz gold but its built for intel...and then the twinmos ch-5's but they dont gurantee tight timings and idk anyhting about their customer service, if i couldfind a nice price on the dual 256 pack that would be SWEET

The $135 doller deal for 2x256MB (512MB) of Mushkin PC3200 Black Level 2 lasted the weekend and ended mid-day on August 3rd. This deal was available at Mushkin.Com (Mushkin's Site) and involved taking advantage of their 256MB PC3200 (All Brands) Sale, free shipping, and using their 10% discount coupon (SUMMERDDR). Another deal occured around this last monday (August 11) and had their 1GB (2x512MB) Duel-Pack (gaurenteed-stuff) PC3200 Black Level 2 for $274 w/ free shipping.

The fact that Mushkin goes to good lengths to gaurentee, and explain, their products, along with their excellant sales support is why they are the Best Memory Assemblers out there.

Back