• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system failed memory test?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

that what I keep getting when I boot up no. I dont play with the memory setting they are set to auto and optimal. why am I getting that mesage?

sorry but wasnt sure if I should have posted this in here or in the MOBO section.

It seems that auto doesn't do what it used to do. I got tons of errors on auto. When I started tweaking they started to go away. Tweak until they go away.

:cool:

I had to take my samsung PC2700 from Cas2 to 2.5 (166FSB) to achieve no errors...(using Memtest) I was wondering what was causing my random "once ever 2 week" BSOD....running fine ever since.....

SP

Have you run memtest86? I agree with ttraveler, auto and optimal aren't always desireable. After determining memtest fails, manually set your mem timings to their defaults to be sure they run that way. Then run memtest again. If you still get errors, you might have a bad stick.

Good luck.

Back