• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil PC4000 BENCHES ARE HERE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyMcNastyXK

Bambam's soldier
Ok, I just got my Geil Ultra Platinum PC4000 ram in today and I stuck it in, set my divider to 1:1 and put my fsb to 250. I havn't done any sort of tweeking except i raised my ram voltage. This is a bandwidth bench from Sisoftware Sandra.

membench2.gif

oh and btw, this bench was on an Abit IC7 board with a Intel P4 2.6C. don't know if it matters but video card was a Radeon 9000 pro. and btw, my mouse is black ;)

FattyMcNastyXK said:
2.5-4-4-7
Hmm, what bios are you using? At 250 1:1 with the same CPU and mobo as you I get over 6K. Using OCZ Gold. I am using the same timings too. I have all PAT options disabled in bios and run after a restart.

ddr250.gif

Thanks for the benchys Fatty.:D It seems pretty good to me. Have you run any games with this yet? If so did you see somw improvements in them?
@ Nik
Is that OCZG4K?

Last edited:
I've been looking at a gig of the Gold 4000, but at $480 I can't make a move. I'm gonna wait a week or so to see exactly whats out there.
-Fold on

- Couldn't find the PAT options. Under which menu of the bios are they in and what does PAT mean?

-unbuffered bench? how do I make it unbuffered

Where can u get the gold 3700? if its a semi-decent price its either gonna be that stuff or pc3200 cheapo twinmos that i go with (i love the looks of the gold stuff soo much tho!)

when I tried to play bf1942, it would freez up and restart the computer. This is at 250fsb with 1:1 I didn't get any errors with memtest86. I think its my motherboard. but I don't know whats wrong

Threads on other forums point to chipset overheating on P4P800 MB as major culprit causing problems with OC.

BTW, since you have the Geil PC4000 RAM (2 X 512), is it single sided or double sided? Trying to get info out of these Makers is like pulling teeth.

Back