• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

?'s about my new Abit NF7-S v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

x-kid

Hello i just got my abit nf7-s v2.0 installed today. i think everything setup right. the green and red led on the motherboard both are lit. i'm guessing that's fine because the system is up and running ok. Also i have an amd barton 2800+. Well when i first boot up for some reason it says it's an AMD 500mhz. So i go into bios to change the fsb and mult. Is there a way i can have it auto detect it as a 2800+. If not i'll just set the fsb to 166, what is the mult for the 2800+ anyway. For some reason the only thing that i can choose is user defined. most motherboards have an auto feature. then if you want to change the mult and fsb then you choose user define.

i have bois 1.7. yea thats what i was thinking..there isn't even an option for auto...just user defined...when i click on user define, trying to change it...the only option is user defined.

It's also like that with a 1700+ cpu L12 modded from 133 to 166 when really it should say 2500+, it only has user define.. maybe they always do it with 166FSB cpu's... Nothing to worry about though.

ok that's cool then...not really worried. just thought it was kinda wierd. man my temps read so much lower on this board then on my chaintech.

Yeah they are way off.. with some bioses my system temp will read like 13° and cpu less than 20°

yea mine looks like it's around 8-12 C off. cuz my chaintech was pretty accurate cuz it read temps from the diode

Back