• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best place for 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tn2003

Registered
I'm planning on getting a barton 2500+ for a backup cpu and i was wondering what is the best place to get a good b core and a good stepping. I've looked at newegg and googlegear. I would like to know though which place is sending out the better stepping and core right now. Thx please help ASAP because i would like to order it today if possible.

i dont know i just want to know if anyone has bought one fromm newegg lately.

A backup CPU? It may become your 'main' CPU if you get the later stepping one (which most places already have). I see that you are running 12 x 174 which seems a bit conservative on the FSB side considering the excellent gear you have. If, for whatever reason you are limited to that CPU speed, the Barton core will give you a little more performance at the same clock speed as a T-Bred B. Although I think you could run either one at around 2.3 - 2.4 GHz with ease.

My friend got a week 23 Barton from Newegg recently. Running around 2.3 I think in his setup. My week 23 is in the sig. You should be good to go.

im in the process of going higher right now but im waiting for my other stuff to come in and i haven't done any mods yet(i.e. vdd and l12...) But i plan to do it soon. Thx for helping i guess ill get it from newegg than.

Back