• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700 O/Cing question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

well I see some people have the multiplier past 12x why is it my MOBO only shows me up to the 12x I'm running it at 11x now what would be better the higher ones ore lower?

I don't know why your mobo does not show the higher multipliers, but it is better to use lower multipliers and high FSB speeds. With your PC3200 memory and the AGP/PCI buses locked at 66/33 MHz, you should be able to run 200+ MHz FSB speeds. This will greatly improve your memory bandwidth and overall computer performance.

Edward2 said:
I don't know why your mobo does not show the higher multipliers, but it is better to use lower multipliers and high FSB speeds. With your PC3200 memory and the AGP/PCI buses locked at 66/33 MHz, you should be able to run 200+ MHz FSB speeds. This will greatly improve your memory bandwidth and overall computer performance.

I hit 200 and 205 but when I get there everytime it boots up the MOBO says system fail memory test. and I have the memory untouched setting all are at default. yep my bios only shows the 12x and lower.

Back