• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x deluxe sound.... again!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mito

As I mentioned before, I had to jumper disable SATA.... Now sound is working, however, two issues:

1. Incoming and outgoing icq messages are mute! Even though the alert sounds are enabled...

2. The following message is shown when I try to play those Windows wav sample files (login, asterisk, critical error, low battery):

Windows cannot play %SystemRoot%\media\"file".wav. The sound card may be being used....

What is this?

THanks.

I'll be damned!!! This is what happened:

I have an aha-2940au adapter, however, its bios would not load. Sata was enabled onboard (jumper SATA_EN1). Sata's bios was loaded instead of aha-2940's. After WinXP install, no soundcards were found, just the nForce audio codec interface. So I disabled SATA (jumper SATA_EN1). Aha2940au and sound device were found and respective drivers loaded.

HOWEVER, the default device for sound playing (reproduction) was set as Modem #0, instead of "nvidia nForce audio". That was a leftover of the initial installation, when SATA was enabled and WinXP couldn't find the sound device.

Very simple. I confess I was scared.
Thank you very much for your time!!!

/\/\ito

Back