• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

holy hot hell batman

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y0bailey

my new 2.4c at a slight bump in voltage with an sk800u is flaming. seriously. i know abit boards run high on temp readings but i'm getting 67load temps. i have reapplied several times, using a 50cfm fan. i am using as2 paste that is old, so that may be the problem, but i doubt it. i ordred as3 and it should be here someday, but someone give me some suggestions on what could be going on. ive heard of hot p4s, but this is freaking nuts!

its as smooth as a babies butt....i dont think my lapping would help much since its right out of the box and i felt no ridges

if your actual HS isnt burning to the touch its fine....adjust your settings to accomidate the high temps. If its stable its fine

You can lap you intel heatspreader like i did you a few C drops

yeah, 2.4 @ 3.4 with that seems good...... but why dont' you just put your hand on that heatsink.. if it hurts when you touch.... it's really 69, if it doesn't.... then the probe is wrong... sometimes the easy solution is the best

my airflow is good....120 in the front and 120 in the back. it doesnt feel that hot to the touch so i must be alright, plus if it was really 69 i doubt my OC would be stable. so oh well, i'll survive. damn abit probes

or it could really be 69 degrees because the HSF isn't making good contact, I say reseat the HSF, if you do that and the heatsink isn't too hot to the touch your golden.

ive reseated about 100 times...it doesnt do a damn thing. it looks like its making good contact....i think ive given up on it being to hot, its just too sexy

well if it's stable, running at 3.4ghz, not hot to the touch I'd be one very friggin happy camper :)

considering he got an extra 1ghz outta it, chances are he had to increase the vcore, which will definitely raise his max load wattage. I'm not surprised he's running hot.

uhh p4 vs amd are not a valid comparison. but things are getting better. i just got some AS3 and re-set the cooler and my load is down to right under 60. thats running 2 instances of prime95 and another CPU burn in all at once. so considering all that is happening and many abit boards read way above actual temps i am happy and stable at 3.4. i may be able to push it higher now that i got my temp down. i'll post some info.

Back