• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Results of adding a Tt duct to a SLK-800U

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ConquereR

I added a Tt duct with a SFII to my SLK-800U and here are the results.

Temps before -> 38 - 40 idle, 46 - 48 load.

Temps after -> 38 idle, 42 load.

Quite good if you ask me!

ConquereR said:
I added a Tt duct with a SFII to my SLK-800U and here are the results.

Temps before -> 38 - 40 idle, 46 - 48 load.

Temps after -> 38 idle, 42 load.

Quite good if you ask me!

Dropped 6 degrees off load!:eek: I gotta try it.:)

Very Nice! Thank you for informing us!

What does your airflow scheme look like? What direction is the duct facing? Ambient Temps? :D

Mobo is 18 degrees. Case is 28.

I have two Tt SFII as front intakes. I have two Tt SFII as back exhaust. I have one SFII as side panel intake. The duct is pointing down.

EDIT : Room temp is...hmm...i dunno. The thermostat for the air condition stays around 70 degrees F usually lol but my room is much hotter.

pics please? :) and how did you attach? the biggest buggeroo for us slk'ers:( slk series begs for a duct, that overhang just wastes cfm.

ConquereR said:

I have two Tt SFII as front intakes. I have two Tt SFII as back exhaust. I have one SFII as side panel intake. The duct is pointing down.

Wow you must having hearing problems with all that noise......I SAID YOU MUST HAVE HEARING PROBLEMS!!! :D

Hearing problems with an SFII? You, sir, are mad. SFII's are very quiet. Go get a Tornado.

All i did was take a old 80mm fan and cut out the fan part so all that was left was the frame that was around the fan. I put superglue everywhere that the Tt duct would touch the cut out frame, then let it dry. After that, i hot glued all around the edges. I put my SFII on the top of the duct like you would normally do and then just used the clips on the bottom part to hold it on the SLK (thats why i glued a frame to it in the first place, so i could use the mounting clips). Sorry no pics cause i dont have a camera.

Hmm i didn't go through that much trouble mount my Duct.. i just used those tie-wrap thingys and tighten it in place.. it was pretty secure. Maybe that frame of that fun is helping with the ducting, maybe thats why your getting lower temps as compared to me!

CamH said:
Hearing problems with an SFII? You, sir, are mad. SFII's are very quiet. Go get a Tornado.

a tornado is not loud... i can prove it. come listen to my pc with 4 tornados, and 2 120mm y.s.tech 125cfm blowholes.....now you're talkin' loud. I SAID, NOW YOU'RE TALKIN' LOUD.. NO, NO, NO,....I SAID .."LOUD"....

LOUD...!!!!

nevermind, i got it.........:D ;)

madsam said:

a tornado is not loud... i can prove it. come listen to my pc with 4 tornados, and 2 120mm y.s.tech 125cfm blowholes.....now you're talkin' loud. I SAID, NOW YOU'RE TALKIN' LOUD.. NO, NO, NO,....I SAID .."LOUD"....

LOUD...!!!!

nevermind, i got it.........:D ;)

Only 125CFM out of a 120mm fan? A 92mm Tornado can push nearly that much! :D

Anyways, I was just making the statement that SFII's aren't loud at all.

i don't know how you guys deal with loud fans. that's just insane.

in my opinion the computer shouldn't be intrusive on the rest of your house. i had 3 39CFM sunon's in my old steel case and i could hear it in my parents room downstairs. those fans are rated for like 36Dba.

right now i have a 120mm stealth going in and the 3 80's that came with my chieftec case, side window intake and 2 rear exhausts, and 1 of the mentioned sunons on the cpu.

CamH said:

Only 125CFM out of a 120mm fan? A 92mm Tornado can push nearly that much! :D

Anyways, I was just making the statement that SFII's aren't loud at all.

my cpu has a 92mm tornado, and it pushes 119 cfm, but if we want to really get bloody ears, delta has a 120mm 190cfm fan that'll do the trick.... anyways, i wasn't disagreeing with your post, but rather, i was kinda joking about how the tornados are a bit loud, and adding all these together is a real pain to listen too.

to my surprise, the 120mm y.s.tech's are pretty loud considering they are larger than the 92mm tornado, and about the same cfm, but, they are mounted on the top of the case, and seem louder because they are kinda in the open.....

emericanchaos said:

in my opinion the computer shouldn't be intrusive on the rest of your house. i had 3 39CFM sunon's in my old steel case and i could hear it in my parents room downstairs. those fans are rated for like 36Dba.

right now i have a 120mm stealth going in and the 3 80's that came with my chieftec case, side window intake and 2 rear exhausts, and 1 of the mentioned sunons on the cpu.

it all depends on what a person wants to do with the pc. for instance, if you want to overclock to an extreme, you might not care about noise, but on the other hand, if o/c'ing to the max isn't of interest to you, but noise is, you wouldn't want to cool a pc my way.

some folks want the best of both worlds, and pay a bit more to watercool, and even chilled cooling.....it's a waste of money to some, but worth it to others.

i have posted my opinions on watercooling, and how the idea of water in the pc doesn't sit well with me, however, a half year or less with my current fans, makes me want to try water now. if i do, it will be an external watercooling setup, with the hoses going into the case, and the rest outside...

i like to refer pc obsession as being like cars..some folks want a quiet car that is a safe family car, and not bad on gas, but the motor-head wouldn't care if the engine is rough idle, and loud as my car without an exhaust.

;)

emericanchaos said:

i agree, then again i slow down vantec stealths:p

ducts rule:) turned a applejacks box into a fan duct for the slk

dropped 4c. 42c load. 92->86mmX58mm adaptor.

Last edited:
Back