• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fans and cpu cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigemike

I need some links to some good airflow 80mm fans and a good cpu cooler for my lan pc, it will probably be banged around alot. lighted fans would be great. I am currently running an aeroflow cooler on my one pc and I like it. would you guys reccomend that as well or is ther something better.

We can't recommend CPU coolers unless we know what type of processor you have - P4 or Athlon XP? From your sig I will assume Athlon XP for this post. I use a Thermaltake Volcano 11+ on my 2500+ at 2250MHz, with the fan (a Smart Fan II) connected to a manual speed adjuster on my front panel. As for case fans, if you have a rheobus or want to buy or make one, or you can live with having your fans adjusted automatically based on temperature, I'd strongly suggest the Thermaltake Smart Fan II. It can be quite quiet (18 db I think) if you don't need the CFM's, but if you do it can put out 70 CFM at full speed, though at 48 dB. If you don't want a variable speed fan, I'd suggest several Vantec Stealth fans (27 CFM, 21 dB) for low noise, or perhaps a Panaflow H1A for lots of airflow (though I'm not as experienced in high-flow fans). Of course, for the ultimate in airflow with a LOT of noise, you can get a Vantec Tornado or two.

i love my volcano 7 with 80mm red ledfan 34cfm it keeps my temp in the mid 30c my proc is an amd xp 2400+

sorry about that the new rig is a lan rig, it is replacing my xp1800 it is a xp2500 and an nf7-s with some geil dual channel pc3200. I am thinking of one of those big copper heat sinks, but I want something that is not going to get knocked off if I let my little brother take it to a lan. as far as the case fans go I could build a front panel or buy one depending on the price. so I want something that is capable of good air flow. I have heard alot about the smart fans, who makes them are they the hot ticket, I also read that a slk700 would be a good choice for something that is solid and cools well. I would like to keep the cpu fan combo under $30 and the fans under $10 a piece and would really like to find some for about $5, I saw some on svc's site and they looked pretty good, led fans for about $4-5. I just want to make sure they are decent, becouse the lanbot case only has room for one front and one rear fan. Noise is an issue, I don't want something that is crazy loud. I will probably give the computer a moderate overclock if any, I want it to be stable for 20+ hours of gaming. without sounding like a bee hive when I take it home.

Back