• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little problem w/ a A7V & AthlonXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigfoot

Alright everyone, here's my problem, my dads comp has an ASUS A7V (yes, the "A7V"-the very first Socket A's) and now since i dont have any money for a new comp (mainboard, ect...), i'm giving my axp to my dad (1600+, AGOIA-Y) to replace his 1Ghz t-bird.

Since the mobo doesn't support 133fsb (yea i know, lol) i decided to hardmod the bridges to a 16.5multi and the very max DEAD STABLE (24hours+ of prime95) speed hapenes to be axactly 1.8Ghz @ 109FSB @ 1.75vCore, ok, enough about that, maybe i should say what my problem is...

I cant manage to find any way to get this stupid thing to cold boot, and i havent told my dad about that yet, but he wont like it if he has to hit reset 1-5 times just to turn the stupid thing on (lately i've just left it on all the time so he hasn't noticed) but i REALLY need to find a solution for this, any ideas, PLZ post them, or it's back down to the good old fashion 1Ghz t-bird :(, and i'm starting to get used to my doubled Q3 FPS's :)

Back