• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dialup password recovery?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dodgertc

Registered
hi, i lost my dialup psw under win2k. does anyone knows a way to retreive it?
i see it as ******* but after a power shutdown it uses as device a "ISND modem which isnt exisiting instead the DSL line. i cant change the device so i wanted to create a new dsl dialup setting just to notice that i lost the paper with the password.
the passwrod is still in the system though but under the now wrong dialup setting

The easiest way to find this out is calling your ISP.

There are other ways to find this out but then others will be able to see all your passwords and will end up causing a big headache .

I'm do not want to seem like I'm not helping but seriously call your ISP they will be more than happy to help you out.

i talked with my isp and they want to send it, eta 1 week. i need my email possibility at home ASAP though. im writing from work currently.

Seems like poor customer server.

Who is your ISP?

I would def. call back and speak with someone else.

Any place I have worked or called has been able to reset the password just by verified account info.

no question, if they can verify you, they can reset your password on the spot. You shold not need to have it given to you....just have it changed. If someone were to steal your password, I know they would change it immediately. ;)

i live in germany, thats the german telekom, t-online and i just want to retreive a psw already stored in my system. i know those utils existed for old operating system. if its not possible at all i will go the way trying to get it sooner but frankly i try my best to get it now.

Back