• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed new NF7-S mobo and now it won't boot PLEASE HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oratel

Registered
Hello guys I have SERIOUS PROBLEMS. Last night I installed my new Abit NF7-S motherboard and after double checking everything I started up my system and NOTHING. The mobo red led lights up to show that there is power and so does the little green led that shows that it is running but I am getting NO VIDEO, NO BEEPING, NO HD ACTIVITY or anything else. I can not even open the doors to my CD or DVD drives. I tried flashing the CMOS, removed the battery and still nothing. I removed all accessories until there was only CPU, RAM and VIDEO and still nothing. The only possible explanation could be that when I swapped my Asus A7V8X-X I left the 4 studs around the processor on the case. The Asus mobo had 4 insulated holes around the CPU but as far as I can see the Abit doesn't. I removed the 4 studs and retried but still nothing. Is it possible that I shorted the motherboard and it's fried?

Please help if you have any suggestions or have seen this before. I seriously appreciate any and all help. Below are the specs.

Barton 2800+
Vantec Aeroflow
NF7-S mobo
Sapphire 9500 Pro
Antec True Blue 480
Antec Plusview Soho case w/ 8 fans

My first question would have been did you check to see if there were any extra studs under the motherboard which might short-out the mobo. I have seen this happen before, but in that case it did not fry the mobo. The mobo worked correctly once the extra studs were removed. I would suggest removing the mobo from the case and try booting the mobo while outside the case. This would eliminate any potential grounding problems.

Do you have both the ATX connector and the AUX connector connected to the mobo from the PS?

Have you tried putting the memory in different DIMM slots to see if that helps? Do you have any other memory available that you could try? Maybe you have a memory/mobo conflict?

Do you have another video card you could try? Either AGP or PCI based.

Might want to try another PSU as well if you have one around.... could be that your Connectors to your PSU may have a loose wire/wire's and are not making proper contact ;)

Just another thought :D

Good luck!

DpGravy

i agree w/ edward. this happened to me twice w. my 8rda+ and my nf7...i just took it out of the case and booted it and it works.

Back