• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed new NF7-S mobo and now it won't boot PLEASE HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oratel

Registered
Hello guys I have SERIOUS PROBLEMS. Last night I installed my new Abit NF7-S motherboard and after double checking everything I started up my system and NOTHING. The mobo red led lights up to show that there is power and so does the little green led that shows that it is running but I am getting NO VIDEO, NO BEEPING, NO HD ACTIVITY or anything else. I can not even open the doors to my CD or DVD drives. I tried flashing the CMOS, removed the battery and still nothing. I removed all accessories until there was only CPU, RAM and VIDEO and still nothing. The only possible explanation could be that when I swapped my Asus A7V8X-X I left the 4 studs around the processor on the case. The Asus mobo had 4 insulated holes around the CPU but as far as I can see the Abit doesn't. I removed the 4 studs and retried but still nothing. Is it possible that I shorted the motherboard and it's fried?

Please help if you have any suggestions or have seen this before. I seriously appreciate any and all help. Below are the specs.

Barton 2800+
Vantec Aeroflow
NF7-S mobo
Sapphire 9500 Pro
Antec True Blue 480
Antec Plusview Soho case w/ 8 fans

try to swap your processor, could be main culprit, even PSU. I would go barebone and see if it posts at all. try also with one stick of ram

Thanks for the replies guys but I think I got one of the freaded bad Bios NF7-S motherboards. Can anyone say RMA? It sux big time that I have to wait another week to get a board.

bummer :( sorry to hear that. I remember my first computer I built from scratch had a DOA mobo....i was scared and so was my dad as he saw 1500 in computer laying around my room not working at all! luckily it RMA'd and i got it up and running great...took a week though.

On a positive note, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!
and even with bad ram it "SHOULD" still beep same for video card, It could be a bad cpu though, from experiance i've had more DOA mobo's that cpu's.
Let us know when you get it up and running

Thanx guys. I'll let you know when the new mobo is installed.

Back