• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switched Motherboard; posting problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycanadian

Hi all,

Since everyone was such a big help in recommending this board to me, I am hoping I'll get some help in getting it working! I had an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe with all the equipment listed in my signature up and running no problem.

Now, I popped in my new ABIT NF7-S 2.0, tried to boot, and nothing. It will not post. I have not had time to try much yet, but it is disheartening as I know everything is connected (with my last board I forgot to plug in my video card to the power supply at first, doh!). When I tried to turn off my PC after showing no post by holding in the power button for 4 seconds, I obviously didn't hold it in long enough to turn it off, but when I released the power button after holding it for probably about 2 seconds, I got a series of relatively long, repeating beeps.

All mobo LED's are on (red for power and green one by the network connector). The beeps may be telling me something but for the life of me I cannot find a beep code for this motherboard. My Asus had it right in the manual (I like the ABIT board better for the record, but this particular difference is a bit annoying).

Thanks to all who read this and please offer suggestions as I am very frustrated!!!

Back