PDA

View Full Version : How To Overclock A Dell!

cooldrum3
08-13-03, 10:08 AM
I've read a good number of posts saying that a Dell can't be overclocked, at least not easily, etc. Well, I finally got around to running some tests just to make sure that the success I've had hasn't been due to erroneous CPU speed reporting, etc. I thought that this would be a useful, informative post since, let's face face it, Dell's are extremely prolific. The machine that is my test box is my work machine. My mother has one. My friends have them. Hence, there is a good chance that if you are just getting into overclocking, you are going to want to do it on a Dell.

The system is your typical Dell P4 2.0GHz w/ 512 RAM. I've actually had this machine OC'd for awhile now at a rock-stable 2600MHz. I used CPUFSB to overclock the front-side bus to achieve these results.

Follow the following steps:

1. Power down your comp.
2. Open the case.
3. Look for the PLL on your mainboard. Tips for finding the PLL can be found here (http://www.podien.de/FSB.HTM).
4. Once you've found the PLL, write down the make and model number, then close up your case.
5. Power back up.
6. Download CPUFSB (http://www.podien.onlinehome.de/CPUFSB.HTM).
7. Install the program.
8. You MUST reboot the system after installing.
9. Run the program.
10. On the left you should see 4 drop-down boxes.
11. For the Mainboard Manufacturer, select Abit. (As far as I know, most, if not all current Dell mobos are stripped down versions of Abit's.)
12. For the Mainboard Type, leave it at None.
13. For the PLL manufacturer, select the maker of the PLL that you found in step 3.
14. For PLL Type select the model number that was stamped on the PLL.
15. Hit the "Save" button to save the settings.

NOTE: If your PLL has the "fine tuning" option, use it instead of the below "Frequency to Set" option. It allows you to adjust in smaller increments and typically can give you a slightly higher overclock. It follows essentially the same steps, just click the "Fine Tuning" button first.

16. Under the "Frequency to Set" heading, click the up button a couple of times until you are at the desired FSB you wish to set. (Obviously, start with a small OC and work your way up until the system becomes unstable or freezes.)
17. Hit the "Set Frequency" button.
18. Hit the "OK" button.
19. If the FSB is too high the system will freeze immediately. Reboot and try again with a lower FSB.
20. Click the "Save button again once you have reached a stable overclock. This will retain the FSB setting.
20. Once you have acheived a stable overclock, you can click the "Exit CPUFSB immediately after call..." checkbox and place a shortcut to CPUFSB in the Startup folder. This will start CPUFSB on Windows startup, and then immediately exit once the FSB has been set. Alternatively, if you only want to overclock at certain times, don't do this.

Following are some benchmarks I did of my system using PCMark 2002. The first is stock at 1996 MHZ. The second is FSB 130 at 2600 MHz (done with "Frequency to Set"). The last is FSB 133 at 2660 MHz (done with the "Fine Tuning" option). As you can see, there are definitive advantages. I hope this helps a lot of you out there. Enjoy!

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~ecm22/pics/screen1.jpg
http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~ecm22/pics/screen2.jpg
http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~ecm22/pics/screen3.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying that this will work for EVERY Dell. Some adjustment of the settings may be needed (ie: mobo). However, it can be done. My workstation is living proof! :D

Skiing Squirrel
08-13-03, 10:50 AM
Well I'll be damned... I vote a sticky on this if it works for others. :D

stan03
08-13-03, 11:33 AM
sticky it, but i don't think it works on first generation p4 dells (e.g. 1.3 ghz. but im not sure)

n17ikh
08-13-03, 07:54 PM
Sticky if it works for most dells! (It might even work on Gateways and others... me sneaks down and rips open my mom's Gateway :D )

tyshy
08-13-03, 09:55 PM
ill have to try this on my friends dell...maybe ill sneak into his house late at night....or express the wonders of a faster computer...he has the exact same system you have cooldrum3.

nealric
08-14-03, 02:05 AM
hmmm

cpufsb scares me

Corrupted a hard drive the one time i tried to use it (lowered the fsb instead of rasing it like it was supposed to and kicked the mobo down to lower multi- not good )

glad it was just my k6/2 backup box :)

modenaf1
08-14-03, 05:00 PM
i think a sticky would be nice. i would say alot more about this but i gotta go right now.

cooldrum3
08-14-03, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by nealric
hmmm

cpufsb scares me

Corrupted a hard drive the one time i tried to use it (lowered the fsb instead of rasing it like it was supposed to and kicked the mobo down to lower multi- not good )

glad it was just my k6/2 backup box :)

As with any method, you just have to remember not to overclock to the point where the PCI/IDE bus is higher than 38 MHz. As a rule I try to stay maxxed around 37 MHz...37.1 right now :).

*Just curious, has anyone tried it yet?

L337 M33P
08-14-03, 05:05 PM
I tried this CPUFSB thingie and it managed to hard lock my computer on the first try 0_o

cooldrum3
08-14-03, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by L337 M33P
I tried this CPUFSB thingie and it managed to hard lock my computer on the first try 0_o

What speed were you going for? You do have to use discretion. It's trial and error really, but you can minimize the errors :D.

L337 M33P
08-14-03, 05:08 PM
booted up at 100FSB for kicks, then in CPUFSB selected the right PLL chip, and tried bumping to 133FSB. Instant hard lock in a button press.

cooldrum3
08-14-03, 05:11 PM
Is this on the PII 350? Because, if so I'd believe it! You get the best (or more successful) results when running your usual stock and then trying to bump it up...if it was one of your AMD systems.

L337 M33P
08-14-03, 05:13 PM
lol hell no - on rig #2 (mine). Default speed 1667MHz but @ 100FSB it was 1250MHZ. Do Asus A7Vs like this sort of treatment or do they always reject it?

cooldrum3
08-14-03, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't know about that board. If I wanted to overclock it, I would probably do it in the BIOS. I assume it's available since you booted at 100? Dell's don't have overclocking ability in the BIOS, not much of anything actually...for obvious reasons. Hence you have to use software to OC the FSB. I would try putting the FSB back at 133. Boost your voltages, etc. then try it. I sometimes use it to find what a stable speed will be on a comp before I set it in the BIOS. That way, when I lock it up, I don't have to reset the BIOS and put all the settings back again (just reboot). I've found that I can OC an average of 3-5 MHZ less using the BIOS method than I can get using CPUFSB.

L337 M33P
08-14-03, 05:35 PM
Yes I would prefer the BIOS any day too, but I was seeing if it would work :p

Amorphus
08-14-03, 09:26 PM
oh, come on, you guys are living under rocks. software FSB tools have been around for quite awhile...

well, they're not really that widespread. but I've known they can be used to OC OEM machines for some time...

I guess the information was esoteric, then...

O_o

Aslan
08-14-03, 10:48 PM
Make sure to try and find out exactly who made the motherboard before you start doing this with a Dell. Abit did make motherboards for them, but I believe that MSI got the contract from Dell starting from about 6 months ago.

@md0Cer
11-26-03, 10:17 PM
Bump! this needs a sticky!

funnyperson1
11-27-03, 12:33 AM
cpufsb has been finicky for me.

I found I got a hard lock with my old P3V4X.
However, if I scrolled all the way to the top fsb selection and then scrolled down to my preferred one if performed perfectly.

TommyHolly
11-27-03, 05:20 AM
Wait a second... All I need to is download some program and follow those rules up there and there is a chance I could OC my system without soldering anything or doing any kind of physical adjustments?

I would love to hear if someone could do this on the system I got. I have a P4 3.06 w/ HT. I wonder if that would be a problem?

pvc_and_frost
11-27-03, 11:38 AM
I've been using cpufsb to have my dell xps T450 overclocked for almost a year now. It is a p3 stock @ 450Mhz, oc'd to 555Mhz completely stable. Can hit 600Mhz, but cant run cpu intensive apps.
heres a pic of stock
http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/NONOCD.jpg

and here is a pic of ocd
http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/OCD.jpg

OSUmaxx
11-27-03, 06:41 PM
Nice post. In the past with my Dell 550, I didn't have luck with this, but I also have a 2.0 that I'll try it on sometime soon.

anvil82
11-29-03, 11:32 PM
Is there a program like this for linux?

Daishiknyte
11-30-03, 02:00 PM
Is there a BIOS that I can get to replace the Dell BIOS?

All I can say about Dell is that their cases are built to last (good thing too because i get mad sometimes...)

Surfeit00
11-30-03, 03:10 PM
Very Nice

Someone at ABX did this too, was that you posting there?

donny_paycheck
11-30-03, 04:40 PM
I missed this until now. Nice work mate.

STICK

Mr. $T$
11-30-03, 05:41 PM
diddo now when some of the newbees come by and ask how to overclock a dell we can point them here, nice job dude, one on me :beer:

cooldrum3
12-01-03, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Surfeit00
Very Nice

Someone at ABX did this too, was that you posting there?

Nope...wasn't me! Thanx for all the positive response everyone!

TommyHolly
12-01-03, 09:53 AM
I asked this before but nobody answered?

All I need to is download some program and follow those rules up there and there is a chance I could OC my system without soldering anything or doing any kind of physical adjustments?

I would love to hear if someone could do this on the system I got. I have a P4 3.06 w/ HT. I wonder if that would be a problem?

JigPu
12-01-03, 10:26 AM
Yes, that's precicely it :) The software talks directly to the PLL chip on your motherboard (the chip the generates the reference clock signal used by the PCI and FSB) and can tell it to change it's speed to a different value.

The hardest part is finding the PLL chip and having support for it. I searched on my HP once to no avail (since there were 3 chips that looked like they could be it), but once you've found it (and it's in the PLL database in the software), you're golden :)

JigPu

Th0r
12-03-03, 04:50 PM
Yes, i have a Medion System and managed to get 2.8Ghz stable using CPUFSB... :)... everyone should try...

donny_paycheck
12-03-03, 07:39 PM
I'm moving this to the FAQ section with the other ones.

Mr.Guvernment
12-03-03, 10:08 PM
ufound it!!
i had this informationa while back - u more or less tell the crystal i the mobo what speed to run at :D

anyways great read may try this :D

Mr.Guvernment
12-03-03, 10:10 PM
Ps - i thought dells used Intel motherboards?

cooldrum3
12-04-03, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Guvernment
Ps - i thought dells used Intel motherboards?

Dell seems to use what ever they can get the cheapest! This should work with just about any system, not just Dell, as long as you can find the supported mobo and PLL chip in the software. The tricky part with Dell is that most times (if not all times) the mobo model is not displayed in plain english on the board itself. The boards Dell gets are de-branded. A utility like SiSoft Sandra might help you to figure it out though based upon the chipsets, etc. With my system, I knew that they are using Asus boards around that production date, so that limited my choices.

Mr.Guvernment
12-09-03, 10:29 AM
well - i am home now wth my dell 2.4 (same chips as mine other that goes to 3.2 :D) it is a 8250 and uses pc1066 rambus :D so hope ican get soemthing dcent and hope the cooling already on it is okay
may have to put on some better thermale paste

Mr.Guvernment
12-09-03, 12:59 PM
okay

my dell is using a

ICS 9250CF-22
how ever in the list they only have

9250-22

no CF
?

does that matter

also when i choose that PLL - under everythiung instead of listing frquencies - it just says

not used

guess that means i cant o/c mine?

Mr.Guvernment
12-09-03, 01:01 PM
darn it!@

CPUCooL does not support the following PLL's because they do not have a System Management Bus connection or the FSB could not be set via System Management Bus. So there is and will be no program that supports these PLL's!!! There is absolutely no chance!

and mine is one of them :(

JigPu
12-15-03, 10:45 AM
W00t!! Just overclocked my Gateway with the PLL trick :) I couldn't find the dang thing when I looked, but a google search returned one site mentioning the PLL. The chip actually says "CY283460" but CPUFSB's "CY28346" setting works just fine.

P4 1.8A undergoing testing @ 1.98 (110x18)GHz :cool:
JigPu

doc6886
12-28-03, 03:35 PM
I ran into a problem in the middle of this process. Can you help me? Look at these screenshots and read the captions written on them.

http://www.n00bstories.com/image.fetch.php?id=1074784704

http://www.n00bstories.com/image.fetch.php?id=1062819447

craigmci
12-30-03, 06:58 PM
mines a dell 8250 2.53,so this should work for me,it is pc1066 ram as well(1G)

TheTick
12-31-03, 09:49 AM
anyone know where to find cpufsb? The link in the beginning brings me to a 404 page.

Cyrix_2k
12-31-03, 09:56 AM
No luck on my Dad's HP. I beileve it's model 7955 . It doesn't support it's PLL. :(

gogadgetman
12-31-03, 10:06 AM
I have an old Compaq Presario 5000. Will it work with it? and what Mobo's do they use?

Cheers Juls

TheTick
12-31-03, 10:09 AM
cyrix and gogadgetman, where did you find the cpufsb program?

craigmci
12-31-03, 10:31 AM
wont work with my pll damn,i am building a new one,to hell with dell,ill never buy another again

TheTick
12-31-03, 12:47 PM
You know whats retarded about cpufsb, it will support pll 950202, but not 950201, which is off by one number, ehh back to the AMD then.

JigPu
12-31-03, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by doc6886
I ran into a problem in the middle of this process. Can you help me? Look at these screenshots and read the captions written on them.

http://www.n00bstories.com/image.fetch.php?id=1074784704

http://www.n00bstories.com/image.fetch.php?id=1062819447
Try using the 'get PLL values' button. It might give you some frequencies to use, or at least make the fine tuning button avalible.

JigPu

dkitt10
12-31-03, 11:20 PM
i got a question what happens if you but it up so high that it freezes so you restart computer and it refuses to boot in...sry if this is a noob question

JigPu
01-01-04, 09:35 PM
Turn off the computer and unplug it. Press the power button to drain any residual energy. Plug it back in, and it should boot like new :)

The PLL settings are kept 'alive' by soft-off power AFAIK from the PSU. Once you unplug the PSU and get rid of all the electicity remaining, the PLL is cleared and is forced to read the BIOS for FSB information.

JigPu

JustinGB
01-02-04, 12:52 AM
i've got a dell, p2 400mhz optiplex gx1, what kinna motherboard would it have? I'd have to go searching around the mobo.. but the guy who did it w/ a p3 450. i would guess it would hae nearly the same mobo.

also the links down.. where can i d/l cpufsb?

gt24
01-02-04, 07:40 PM
I have no use for this program... I just bring links...

The author can be found at the link below.
<< http://www.podien.de/ >>

The following links are provided from his page.

Below is the new page for these pieces of software. CPUFSB is a smaller part of CPUCool. Both are shareware. Page (despite the .de) is in english.
<< http://www.cpufsb.de/index.html >>

Here is a mirror.
<< http://mitglied.lycos.de/podien/ >>

Hope all that helps.

<edit> Had more time, looked over my links, found out the author had official and up to date links, so I just provided them and removed the others. Those links should provide what you need. </edit>

axxinn
03-08-04, 12:59 AM
hello every one, i'm a newbee. and just starting in OC i find this info very interesting i'll try it tomorrow. Any body tried on a dimension 4300 yet, if so any problems?

gt24
03-15-04, 07:03 PM
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!! Enjoy your stay.

I don't mess with Dells, mainly because I don't own one. I am just posting to ask how your experience was with this technique, if you did it or not... and also to extend a nice welcome to you. :)

axxinn
03-16-04, 10:04 PM
thanx 4 the welcome and the reply. I tried but the software dont support my motherboard
thuogh luck. but on the bright side my brother has a 2400 Mhz amd and is wiiling to let me mess w/ it . well see what happens

bobthegamer
03-12-05, 01:28 PM
however i did encounter a problem when i got #15
it would not save and when i pressed any of the buttons it said, "use fine tuning button" and i don't know where that is

subtotal
03-12-05, 02:03 PM
however i did encounter a problem when i got #15
it would not save and when i pressed any of the buttons it said, "use fine tuning button" and i don't know where that is

if it hasn't been stickey'd by now i doubt it will be. just look at the date on the post before yours

Landus Mikain
11-01-05, 12:25 PM
I'm attempting to overclock a Dell Optiplex GX1 for a PC Repair class.

Anyone know if the info here would work?

Scott9027
11-01-05, 03:08 PM
I would look around and see if you can find out who would have made the motherboard, it could be someone other than Abit. But otherwise, the method is sound and it should work.

Captain Slug
11-01-05, 09:31 PM
My overclocking experiences all started with SoftFSB. PII 450 @ 575

TheGreySpectre
11-01-05, 09:54 PM
anyway I can get this to work on my dell 9300 laptop?

doomie22
12-12-05, 12:13 PM
will try this on my dimension 2400.

b1rasn93
12-27-05, 04:32 PM
FYI -

I have a Dell Dimension 2400, bought 12/04. The PLL IC is an ICS 950201, which is on the unsupported list, so FSB frequency cannot be changed.

Severin B.

Captncarb
02-19-06, 07:15 PM
:shrug: I just got a new Dell P4 3.4G and got curious about the CPUFSB program and believe it might work for me if my PLL was loaded? It just kept telling me error reading PLL. The numbers on the chip are stamped just as follows, its an ICS.

9541010FLF

Im not even sure which number to use? Im new to this way of Overclocking.

SeanBest
10-09-06, 10:56 AM
Awesome, was able to get my dell 3.0GHz Northwood up to 3.5GHz on the stock heatsink with no fan. woot!

{DvT}J.D.M_eg6
10-10-06, 07:53 PM
to find ur info about dell's go here

http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/documentation.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~cat=12

they have all info from atoz just have to look for ur pc or laptop

Dreamstalker
10-11-06, 10:03 PM
Awesome. I have a Dimension 4400 serving footrest duty at present; everything on it is duplicated on the new box as well as an external HDD so it's mine to fiddle with (no worries if the HDD does die as i have spares). One of these days I'll get organized enough to try it :beer:

benbaked
10-12-06, 02:41 PM
This is a no-go on the Optiplex GX150. :( Furthermore, the CPUFSB website lists this model's PLL in the list of permanently unsupported PLLs. :( :(

no easy overclocking for me.

Sergey21
04-07-08, 04:19 AM
Whats going on fellas? I read this post after finding it on Google, damn good post man, but I've got a problem. I'm not a noob in PC's but I get an error in CPUFSB, saying that its getting an Incorrect number of bytes. Should be 6 actual 8.

I followed your instructions, I've got a dell xps gen 2, a 3.2Ghz.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? :confused:

Thx.

cooldrum3
04-07-08, 09:53 AM
Well, I can't speak for modern Dell machines, as I originally posted this almost 5 years ago! This thread just keeps hanging on! Anyone have experience with the newer boxes that can help out Sergey?

Sergey21
04-07-08, 03:23 PM
Well, I can't speak for modern Dell machines, as I originally posted this almost 5 years ago! This thread just keeps hanging on! Anyone have experience with the newer boxes that can help out Sergey?

Thanks for the reply, its not that new, got it back in 2004. So its a 4 year old machine. Still really good though, although I need to update my graphics, and would love to overclock this baby. From 3.2 to atleast 3.4

capridrifter
05-21-08, 09:43 AM
Hello I am New here and this is my first post, I just tried it out on my Dell 2400 with a Pent 4 2.66 ghz processor and it is not supported, I have
ICS 950 201 AF and that DLL is not listed. Just wanted to share that for people that stumble upon this as I did:)

Time for an ElCheapO aftermarket MoBo!

benbaked
05-21-08, 09:52 AM
Whats going on fellas? I read this post after finding it on Google, damn good post man, but I've got a problem. I'm not a noob in PC's but I get an error in CPUFSB, saying that its getting an Incorrect number of bytes. Should be 6 actual 8.

I followed your instructions, I've got a dell xps gen 2, a 3.2Ghz.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? :confused:

Thx.

If your XPS has a socket 775 chip (late Pentium 4, Pentium D, Core 2, etc.) try a BSEL pad-mod. Depending on your CPU's default FSB you just might be able to overclock that way, run CPU-Z and let us know exactly what processor you have and then we can give you advice on which BSEL mod to try.

Evilsizer
05-21-08, 04:27 PM
know the chipset is the factor of doing vid pin and pad mods for all oem boxes. if the fsb your tring to mod to doesnt work then good changes the chipset doesnt support it natively.

Sarr
05-25-08, 03:39 PM
Hi!

I'm trying to overclock my Dell Optiplex GX280.
Cpu-z shows as follows:
Intel Celeron 325 (Socket 775 LGA, probably Pentium 4 Celeron D).
Core Speed is around 2,500 Mhz now.
Mainboard:
Dell
Model: 0F7739
Chipset: i915P/i915G
Southbridge (?): 82801FB (ICH6)
LPCIO: SMSC

And now to the point...
How can I find PLL for that Dell? I see two little "things" that look like the ones that should have the PLL number. One is 25 mhz and second 14 mhz. So I think 14 mhz is the right one. But the PLL looks strange... It is:
FS14.31P or FS14,31P or FS1431P (I'm not sure if there is , or . or it is just scratch, but it looks like there is some space beetween FS13 and 31P, so...).

I don't know what to do :|. Is it PLL? I think my Dell is overclockable, but can you help me a bit?

Motherboard is Dell, it has Intel Chip and on the edge of board some chip with "SMSC" and some numbers on it...

jcutler0902
07-05-11, 10:04 PM
Hello,

I realize this post is aged, but was wondering if you know the updated links for the PLL.

I of course followed your steps and it looks like my box may be a good candidate for OCing. I have an Optiplex GX280. The PLL is ICS. P4 3.8 GHZ 3 Gig ram.

Appreciate any help. I have built an arcade machine and thre seems to be some lag.

Take care
JC

hokiealumnus
07-06-11, 09:15 AM
Sarr, I would recommend getting SetFSB (http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/) and try different clockgen IDs until you get it to work. If you can't get any of them to work, chances are you're out of luck.

Don't expect miracles, or even an overclock. Anything you get is merely a bonus. The best solution is probably to buy / build an inexpensive machine if you need it to go faster.

psionic98
07-06-11, 12:54 PM
hokie you replied to a 2008 post!

as for jcutler.. listen to hokie instead!

hokiealumnus
07-06-11, 01:01 PM
Hah, no; I replied to a post from yesterday. He replied to a 2008 post. :D

snowbrdd
07-06-11, 02:42 PM
And you all replied to a thread from 2003. :D

pazsion
10-10-11, 09:12 AM
And we all want to overclock a dell.

whats this vid pin and jumper stuff...bsel?

the board support 3.2 and 3.4 ghx cellies and p4's up to 533fsb.

i've gotten both cpus to 620fsb and 3.2ghz northwood(2.8) and celly 325 D

but it was a b110 DIM1100 on a 865 chipset useing a toshiba satalite pll...

these are 845...the dim2400. maybe a perl board...

WES2859
03-17-12, 11:33 PM
I have a ? about DELL OPTIPLEX GX150 running bios ver. A11. This bios version DOES NOT support USB BOOT as an option. OK... So, is this a limitation of the hardware itself and the bios or just the lame Dell bios?
Meaning, if I were to obtain say a modded bios that supported USB BOOT for this MB, would it work? Or is there a hardware consideration that I'm missing? In other words would this board still be unable to USB BOOT even if it had a bios that supported it? If it is a hardware limitation than a quest for a modded bios is in vain yes?

Organized_Chaos
03-17-12, 11:49 PM
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/17234637/17357623.aspx#17357623

WES2859
03-18-12, 09:44 AM
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/17234637/17357623.aspx#17357623

Organized_Chaos, thank you for the official DELL rhetoric. I am aware of DELL's schpiel on the Optiplex GX150 & USB BOOT capatility or lack there of.
THEY will say it is not available and never will. Meaning, it's legacy equipment and they're not going to write any new bios code for it & there won't be any new updates, or it's an actual hardware limitation that even new bios code can't enable.

What I'm wondering is, is it due to the HARDWARE itself not being able to support USB BOOT, i.e. chipset / USB interface itself. What's Dells reasoning?

There are 'unsupported' / 'modded' / hacked / garage coded bios out there that may infact support this, but if the actual chipset or USB interface hardware doesn't or cannot support it.
That is what I want to determine. For example, ppl are over clocking their PLL's via softset etc. It is only possible if the PLL has the system mgt. bus hardware line. That is a hardware limitation of the PLL clock itself.

tonyantonio
11-20-12, 07:46 PM
Now can someone make a tutorial to remove the ****ing enrmous stock fan (looks like a tumor) and replace it with a good cooler

Evilsizer
11-20-12, 08:01 PM
from what i recall, dell does not follow lga775 standard cooling layout. that is the holes in the motherboard make it impossible to use a after market cooler. you would need to do a custom mount for a aftermarket cooler.

Conumdrum
11-20-12, 08:09 PM
We should consider killing this thread.

Mr.Guvernment
11-28-12, 03:55 PM
Why, if people still got old dells :D

wagex
11-28-12, 04:07 PM
wow, when i had my dell... i never found this. lol thats been like 6 years