• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does BIOS 17 cause NF7-s V2 to show up as V1.2 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MetalStorm

It does for me... Im pretty sure I have a v2 board... well there is a sticker on it saying that it is! What are the other hall marks for a v2 board and is this happening for other people??

Edit - its being read as a 1.X board (so I assume 1.2) in PC Mark, cpuid, and in sandra, thats all I have tested it with so far

Last edited:
My ABIT NF7v2.0 reads as "Version: 2.X" in 3dMarks01 and PC Marks.

Why don't you flash your BIOS to 18 ?

I'm not using BIOS 18 because I heard that there were some problems with it and I know that the SATA RAID corruption is fixed in v 17 and works fine...

So, anyone with BIOS v17, can you just see if your NF7-s V2 board is displayed as a 1.X or v 2 in any of these programs - CPUID, Sandra or PC Mark

Thanks

MetalStorm said:
I'm not using BIOS 18 because I heard that there were some problems with it and I know that the SATA RAID corruption is fixed in v 17 and works fine...

So, anyone with BIOS v17, can you just see if your NF7-s V2 board is displayed as a 1.X or v 2 in any of these programs - CPUID, Sandra or PC Mark

Thanks

I'm currently running BIOS v.17 on 2 Boards ;)

Using SiSoftSandra 2002 MAX3 standard software,(Click here to Down Load English Version Win 2000/XP) Both my NF7 & NF7-S Rev. 2.0 show as Rev. 2.x using this program :eek:
So you may want to give sandra a try and see if that helps you ID your MB's true Revision.

Best of luck to ya!

DpGravy

I would suggest, as Edward2 mentioned, to use CPU-Z and WCPUID. The revision of the Nforce2 Chipset (C1 for v2.0) is most important. WCPUID and Sandra state my motherboard as a version 1.xx, (using an older bios, I haven't updated yet) but WCPUID and CPU-Z state the Nforce2 revision as C1.

Last edited:
Right, well looking in CPU-Z It says that I have the C1 stepping chipset, is that what it is supposed to be for a v2 board?

But, the board is orange, not redish as Fever suggested it should be...

What are the actual physical differences between the 1.2 and v2 boards... I remember there being something about the holes, what should it look like as v1.2 and v2???

Fever is slightly off. The v2.0 and v1.2 revisions are reddish-orange like this picture shows, while the v1.0 and v1.1 revisions are yellow-orange like this picture indicates.

As I mentioned previously, as you have the C1 stepping, you have a NF7-S v2.0. The C1 stepping is the latest revision of the Nforce2 chipset, the Nforce2 Ultra 400. This review might clear things up further.

Back