• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is a AMD BARTON 2500/FSB=266 good for gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamer004

i am builoding a computer, and was wondering if a AMD BARTON 2500 with a FSB of 266 is good for gaming

-i will be playing a lot of games including halo and probally games for a while

-i do expect to overclock it, but not untill i really need to overclock, probally in about 6 months??

-and how much will this processor be able to overclock???

2.2 or 2.3 PR???? or 2.2 or 2.3 GHZ???

-if it is 2.2 PR that would mean it would be about a AMD 2800+ which would be the same as a p4 2.8 ghz

gamer004 if it where me and I didn't want to spend a fortune or I didn't want to overclock to the moon....I would just buy myself that 2500+ Barton and at least a gig of 3200 ram......then just run it at 9x200 untill you felt like getting better cooling or whatever.......even 10x200 I think would be possible with the stock cooling.....but 1.8using 9x200 for now will be a ton better performance then 166x11.....with that setup you should be good for awhile.....if you wanted better stuff thats up to you...but if you just want some awsome performance without alot of effort thats what I would do :D......if you wanna spend a little on the cooling etc...i would get an sk7 at svc.com and a smartfan2 $25 or so $$$ well spent and with that you should be able to hit 2.3(200x11.5) easily........I think anything more would be a tad wastefull......with that setup your performance will be AWSOME!....that coupled with a good video card will blow away I think anygame to come (in at least the next year(which is saying alot in the computer world):D...altough this is just MHO

Back