• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about NB & GPU cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Storm-Shadow

Registered
I have a Asus P4P800 Deluxe mobo & ATI 9700 Pro vid card.

Suggestions for upgraded cooling without breaking the bank or sound barrier,hehe.

Thanks for you time!!

My opinion would be a crystal orb (for both), or a copper vantec iceberg (for both). Im not 100% sure how those will work with your video card though. As for the nb they will work fine.

For the video card, get a copper 1U cooler and some Arctic Alumina adhesive, but you might have to cut it down a bit. Check out the video card gallery for other examples. IMHO things like a Corb don't do much better than stock. If you don't want to go extreme (its not necessarily that extreme, just looks it ;) ), Id suggest removing the stock cooler and reapplying it with AS3 or Ceramique.

For the northbridge, a Zalman NB cooler works well, especially if you have good airflow.

Storm-Shadow said:
Suggestions for upgraded cooling without breaking the bank or sound barrier,hehe.

Read that part, creepy?

I would reccomend getting a zalman passive sink for your NB (but personally I'd reccomend leaving your stock on there, it does a fine job with proper airflow). They you might want to either consider a Zalman Heatpipe coupled with a quiet 120mm, or grab an Iceberg (Vantec), those do good if you can't sacrifice the space for the Heatpipe (end up being ~50 for both heatpipe and passive NB - should be cheaper with an Iceberg)

well for the NB you can cut down old heat sinks to size and epoxy them on.

for the GPU look into cheap CPU coolers. speeze coolers are a good deal for the price. you can get one good enough for an xp2200 for $8-12. could prolly do the same for your NB as well depending on how much room you have between your ZIF, NB and AGP slot.

Re: Re: Questions about NB & GPU cooling

Ffats said:

Read that part, creepy?

I would reccomend getting a zalman passive sink for your NB (but personally I'd reccomend leaving your stock on there, it does a fine job with proper airflow). They you might want to either consider a Zalman Heatpipe coupled with a quiet 120mm, or grab an Iceberg (Vantec), those do good if you can't sacrifice the space for the Heatpipe (end up being ~50 for both heatpipe and passive NB - should be cheaper with an Iceberg)

no,i can only ready certian things...those words were too big for me to read

hehe Creepy. I'm new to this so not trying to get too exotic and trying not to have the wife kill me if I screw something up.

Back