• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP 2700+ @ 2405 Hit Wall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Molester

ok, got 2x256mb corsair pc3500 ram

right from the get go i set it to 200x12, vcore 1.850, ran great, stable(haven't prime95'd it yet)

but i seem to have hit a wall, if i try to up the multi. to 12.5, it boots up, but as soon as it enters windows, it freezes, also, i can't seem to get above 200fsb, even if i up it to 202, it runs, but not very stable

Have i hit the limit, i've been able to go to 2.43+ w/ lower fsb and higher multi., but of course it runs a helluva lot better w/ the 200fsb

any help would be appreciated, thanx

Hi

This isn't really help, but I've been having similar experience.

I've ran my 3200+ at 200x12 at 1.85V with success

Also 212x11.5 at 1.9V - 2438MHz
& 213x11.5 at 1.9V - 2449MHZ

I haven't managed to get any permutation to run over 2500 MHz yet though.
Anyone out there managed it?

Cant understand why you cant get above 202 FSB. You have got space to play with on your memory.

Can you put a multiplier on your memory speed against your FSB speed. I can in my BIOS, haven't tried it though.

Memory timings are CL2 -2-3-6, this is the standard setting for the twin sticks

I'm new to overclocking, i dont know a lot about changing memory settings and the effects these have in relation to FSB speeds etc.

Any help appreciated:D

i lowered my multi to 11.5, and upped the fsb to 203 and it says "system failed memory test", again, if i ignore that, and up it to 204, it won't post at all, my memory voltage is at top at 2.8v, my timings are
:bang head

in my experience, of the a7n8x dx boards, the 1.04 is da bomb ^_^ that of course, is the one i have -- although, i must say, 2.4 is the wall with my 1700+ as well...curiously... and i had volt modded the socket (i didnt wanna do the soldering cr@p to get 2.0v+, though i think i should now) what i did was the wire-looping of the pins on the cpu, i looped the appropriate ones to change the stock voltage to 1.75v and that allows my bios to give me options up to 1.85 - - search the forum for instructions on how to do it - - that should help - - i didnt like the wire looping, so try the hole-jumping instead, it is placing a wire inside the socket holes of the coresponding pins. (FYI: this might be different though, for that barton ya have...so check first)

I would try to set the default fsb to 166 or 200 which I hear works really well...altough I am not to experienced with the asus a7n8x board but thats what I would do :D

i heard that changing it to 200 does 'something', but when i tried, it wouldnt boot - - but, mine does 200 at default setting fine...so...i think that what you get to work is luck of the draw...and depends on the individual board...

Back