• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X -- bios and multis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Labotomy Jack

I have an A7N8X Dlx, running bios revision 1001 G (I think). I had had a 2100 T-bred and while I could select different multipliers in the bios I would always get the default 13x when I saved the bios and rebooted. I just got a barton 2500 and put it in the same board and I still can't get any multipliers but the default.

I also just put together a 2nd rig with an Epox 8RGA+ board into which I through the 2100 T-bred. I can access all the mulitpliers no problem. So the problem has to be my A7N8X board right? Would updating the bios possibly give me the ability to change the multipliers?

If you indeed have the 1001g bios that means you have a board rev between 1.3-1.6. The rev2.0 boards started with the c1002 bios. You can look at the motherboard between the pci slots, you will see the rev # near the model #. Bios' that start with the letter "C" are for the rev 2.0 boards only.

Jim

Back