• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Ambush=-

Will a vantec iceberg all copper chipset heatsink+fan fit on a asus A7N8X dlx rev 2.0?

It looks like the capicators might get in the way, thanks!.

As THT says it fits great. Also the extra heatsink that comes with that set fits real nice on the southbridge (which always ran very warm on my a7n8x).

Hi Ambush-
My choice for NB cooling was the TT Crystal Orb @ 5500 rpm, 12.4 cfm, copper base, nickel plating, $7.99. As opposed to the Vantec Iceberg @ 5000 rpm, 3.5 cfm, $11.99. I did have to pop off the fan cover because it was up against the capacitor but it was no biggie, also the mounting holes were maybe a 1/16" off but again no biggie, the push pins inserted easily. It was simple to install and got good compression with a dab of ASIII. Cheaper and much more cfm.
HTH
elec.tron
(prices are Newegg)

Ok, cool thanks guys, but one more qurstion, how the heck do you get he stock NB heatsink off? I had to take out my mobo to mount my new slk-800u hs, and I detached the two plastic things on the back, but it still wouldn't come off!

I pullled and tugges, but it seemed like the uses adhesive on it along with thoes plastic "screws"/\.

the best way of gettin off teh Stock NB is to put yoru board in the freezer after you remove those clips.. make sure your board is in a freezer bag =d and then use a knife and just give it a lil pressure and it'll pop right off

Back