• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my 1700+ dlt3c - Results inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Its a 1700 dlt3c 0310XPMW from excal. I popped it in and right away I could get it to 2420mhz @ 1.725vcore. I pretty much found my max fsb without the sense mod and nb cooling options, so I have it at 210x 11.5. Its been priming rock stable.

I tried 210x12, which is ~2500. It would not get past the Welcome screen in XP. I raised the vcore as high as 1.85vcore, still a no go. It may need more, but it runs a bit hot. It's at 45c load with 1.725 volts. Maybe the ceramique and slk800 need time to conform to the processor again, but the 2100+ at 1.8 volts ran cooler.

nice, got my DLT3C from excal, gr8 store.. a bit pricy, but good things.

haven't pluged it in it, I already own a DLT3C, which does max 2560~ MHz..

same stepping as the one from excal. DLT3C JIUHB 0310 XPMW.

Well, it failed after 2 hours of prime 2530mhz @ 1.87vcore. I bumped it to 1.9 and its priming now.

From what I hear, the DLT3C seems to be the best, but the DUT3C is still pretty decent. DLT3Cs have a 1.5V vcore and the DUT3Cs have a 1.6V vcore. 1.5V will give you more room to raise it before reaching the limit, and thus more overclockability. (This is all what I have gathered over the past couple days).

Settings?

Hiya,

I just got my 1700+ up and running. It's @ an easy OC right now.
2.4ghz
12.5x192 fsb @1.72v (1.65 in bios I think..)
28c amb.
35c cpu
I ran my TbredA 1800+ @ 1.95-2.0v for 2ghz
So I'm not that squeamish about upping the volts.

What's your multiplyer/fsb/voltage settings for 2.5ghz?

I want to get an idea of "ballpark figures" for OCing my chip.
My ram sucks, so i'm staying around 192-195 fsb.

I can't reboot t'ill tomorrow, but i want to try:
13x192 fsb for 2.5ghz 1.85-1.90v
(8rda+ OC fsb by 1 default) heh

I think it's do-able, what do you think?

man i get confused over the stepping codes, which one is tbredB? so if its this chip "XP1700 dlt3c jiuhb 0310 xpmw" its considered the best overclocker right?

what color was the CPU die. just wondering because I just got mine and is sorta pink ( which is supposed to be bad). Havent got to installl it yet because I have to wait to get my Cascade Waterblock.

Rutkus said:
man i get confused over the stepping codes, which one is tbredB? so if its this chip "XP1700 dlt3c jiuhb 0310 xpmw" its considered the best overclocker right?

Yep that's one that has often been EXCELLENT for people 2.4+ ghz on air tends to be average and 2.5ghz not unusual.

The actual stepping part of that code is the JIUHB and the B stands for T-Bred B. Some peoble call the WPMW the Stepping but I beleive that is incorrect as the P and the 2nd W never seem to change.

so, if it runs that high i was reading that it doesn't like alot of voltage, so theoretically it runs cooler than say a 2100+ overclocked at the same speed?

Yep that's generally true but I'm pumping 2.01V (monitor) 24/7 in mine and it's quite happy with that ... It all depends on the cooling. What the low default voltage really lets you do is pump the same amount as you would anyway and get a higher OC.

It doesn't like 2530mhz @ 1.9 yet. Crashed while I was asleep. Interesting thing is, even at 1.9v the load temp stays at 45.

The max you should put in these chips is 2.05V try that, that is of course if you don't care much about higher temps

Tyranos said:
Well, it failed after 2 hours of prime 2530mhz @ 1.87vcore. I bumped it to 1.9 and its priming now.
gulp35 did give you one of the possible solution.

if you want 2500+mhz stable, you will need a minimum of SLK800+ Tornado(which you already have) and run the voltage at minimum of 1.95v or more, and with cool ambient and room temperature.

many people think they can get away with low Vcores at high mhz i.e. 2500+mhz in this case, nah nah nah nah nah... not quite so.

There are quite a few that get away with lower vcores. Anyway, it is doing what my 2100+ did. Initially it would not do 2300mhz stable with even 2.1vcore, but later on after running hot and hard, it did 2.4 stable with the same vcore. Its previous stable point was 2299mhz with only 1.89vcore. After working the processor it gained 100mhz with .2v addition to core voltage. Since this 1700 can do 2420mhz and 1.72vcore with no problems, I suspect after giving it some time at high voltages it will be possible to do ~2520 at 1.92v, as it already lasts quite some time at the same speed with 1.85v as of today. The maximum voltage I have put into it so far is 2v, which caused problems similar to when I put the 2100+ to 2v initially.

Back