• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my ghetto duct mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImportPsycho

I was at homedpot to buy something and noticed this air duct.
pick one one for like $5 and didn't even use 1/5 of it to do this.
this is just temp.
now that I know it works, I'll get or make em better

xp1700 @ 2300mhz(200x11.5)

before 41 idle 47~9 load
after 35 idel 42~5 load

more important thing is that now i can run at 2400mhz(200x12)
which wasn't possible before, cuz crappy cooler ( ventec aeroflow)

get1

get2

cherryp00t said:
did you cut those markes on the side of yoru case? =d

Those come with Antec pre-windowed side panels

Very cool! I like that you added ducts to the back to seperate PSU air from the fresh - Something I've always told people to try but never listen!

not bad. how much did the tubing cost. which section was it in? it come in exactly 92mm? 80mm?

and how did you secure it? i'm considering ti since i already have a buncha intakes nearby:)

I think it is about 75mm, not excatly 80mm
but it's ok since 80mm fan isn't excatly 80mm either.
it's fits perfectly around the hole.
I used hot glue gun

USUALLY I am ANTI Ghetto... but I have to say that doesnt look half bad. In fact I would consider doing that.

Nice job.

went to home depot and found the ducts. 3" and 4" versions of each type. theres yours which is more rigid and theres the foil over wires. 8 dollars for 2.4meters of the foil one. harder type didn't cost much either.

they are clothes dryer exhaust ducts:)

Ffats said:

Those come with Antec pre-windowed side panels

Very cool! I like that you added ducts to the back to seperate PSU air from the fresh - Something I've always told people to try but never listen!
I recently reversed my duct from intake in the front to the rear instead but noticed that the power supplies heat was being sucked back into my case thru the duct. Today I moved my duct back to the front of my case where temps are better. I like the way you seperated your Power supply's heat w/ an extra duct..it looks very clean and tidy..besides, who looks in the back of your case anyways?

the foil accordian dryer ducts would work for you puer to prevent the air short circuit. they keep their shape when bent:) just use electrical tape:p

Oh man the outlet looks like an dragster exhaust.

Let's see when this is gonna happen, a car exhaust fan ducting mod.

I like you gettho mod guys keep on workin :D

Hey man....don't be stealing my car exhaust idea. Then again it was gonna be more than an exhaust. Was gonna make it look like one of those rice rockets :D

Back