• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE 6 bogged

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angelus Errare

Registered
for some reason, IE 6 has gotten real bogged as of late, i mean the whole thing won't keep up with anything, whenever I would scroll a page it use to be real smooth, but not it jumps a lot. and whenever I restart my computer, it clears the URLs in the address bar and I think it gets my cookies also. I keep having to log in to places over and over. any help as to fix this?

It's been like this for the last few days, Ie won't even keep up as i type this. i have to wait a second or two befor ethe text will show, but it has been worse at some other sites..

not sure if it matters, but I have windows ME and the latest upgrade for IE6 (I downloaded, hoping it would fix the problem.)

Angelus Errare said:
whenever I restart my computer, it clears the URLs in the address bar and I think it gets my cookies also. I keep having to log in to places over and over. any help as to fix this?

Goto "tools" then "internet options". Click on the "content" tab and then "auto complete" button. There you can choose whether to save we adresses, user names, etc.

About the scrolling, maybe its your internet connection thats the problem.

Yeah, I have used mozilla before, awesome browser. I guess i'll end up switching over to it again. Thats for your help guys, I love this place.

If you go back to mozilla, try mozilla firebird. I've been using it instead of the full mozilla suite for over a month now and I LOVE IT!

Back