• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speeze falconrock cools just as well as sk-7! read

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobP4P

I couldn't believe it either, but...

I had a speeze falconrock heatsink ($9 newegg) laying around after I upgraded to a sk-7 and 40cfm panaflo. My friend came over with his rig identical to mine and was complaining that his cpu temps were too high with a 2500+ and a volcano 9. So, just to try something different, we put the falconrock with the panaflo on his machine. His temps dropped from 50idle/60+load to 43idle/51load at 2.2ghz!!! His load temp is now better than mine, an the ceramique hasn't even burned in yet!!!

still dont believe me? Read this http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp_p5.htm#sfr2

compare the C/W of the falconrock with delta to the C/W of the sk-7 with delta....EXACTLY THE SAME

all it takes is a better fan and this heatsink could be the best heatsink deal ever!!!

Last edited:
40cm? thast over a foot you know.

sk7 seems to need high flow fans to do great. its the base.

I have a speeze falconrock right now and my stock amd cooler did better, but i think with a better fan this could be a very good cooler for $9 dollars. Im going to get a smart fan II soon to see how well this heatsink does. Also the speeze falconrock has a copper core.

Back