• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 3200 anyone have overclocking tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

invNOne

I have an AMD 3200 processor. I'm running it on a DFI Lan Party board, with 1G or Corsair matched memory. I'm running it at optimal settings and getting 2.21G out of it. I have had it up to 2.3G , when i turned fsb to 210. Any higher and it dies. Also my power supply is only 300 watts. Anyone have a similar set up or any ideas how to crank this baby up? I do have a volcano fan and sink also.

210 FSB isn't bad. try lowering the mulitplier. you should be able to do that with that board.

to be honest i'm not sure how far that CPU will go. most of us buy CPU's that are known to overclock well.

it will run there at 210 just wondering if i can go higher . dont know to much about multiplier and voltage settings

Drop the multiplier, then raise the FSB. Raise the vcore some. And yes, a bigger power supply could very possibly help. (All these things have already been mentioned). Make sure you get a quality one though. Quality over quanity when it comes to power, any day.

i use a cheapie 450 powersupply and i can't get my 2500 much past 2.25. Get something (like mbm5) to tell u what your 5v line is. When mine goes below 4.7 i loose it.

Back