• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

That's it then.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zx7r

Registered
I'm going to try and take this (kd7-g) board back to where I bought it and try for an nforce 2 board. Anyone know which is the best for o/c ing? Will I need to mod my barton 2500 to unlock it or will the nforce 2 do this automatically? And yes, it must do the magic 200 fsb !
If I can't take this board back, I'll be looking to sell or swap it.

Cake AND eat it, me ?

Thanks.

I have the Abit NF7. I have my 1700+ Tbred running at 11*220 FSB = 2.42 GHz without any special mods to the mobo. Your Barton will be fully unlocked (both upper and lower multipliers) with this mobo. The mobo has plenty of voltage options for the CPU, memory, northbridge, and AGP. You can run dual channel DDR memory (I am running 2x256MB DC DDR at 440 MHz). This mobo uses the 12V rail for the CPU voltage, so make sure that your power supply has a very strong 12V rail if you plan on overclocking. I had to replace my 350W PS with a 420W PS.

My mobo is the regular NF7, but you can also get the NF7-S if you need serial ATA and the higher quality soundstorm audio.

re mobo

Thanks for the reply although this post was accidental - see "can't reach 200 fsb..." post earlier. Looks like i'm staying with this board unless someone wants to make a decent offer to buy or swap as I cant get to the shop I bought it from.
Would have liked 200 fsb/400 ddr but that looks like it's out of the question. Anyone else got the same setup and CAN reach 200/400 stable?

Let me know. ;)

Back