• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any Micro ATX board w/Nforce2 chip in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BioS

Don't know is any company have manufactor a Micro ATX with Nforce2 chip and GF4 Mx vid card built in?

Okey, here are m-ATX board w/nforce2 maker Chaintech, Asus, Biostart, Shuttle, Aopen, LeadTek and Albatron. Don't know who make best board?

As i know Chaintech and Asus make good nforce2 board, don't know how good the onboad GF4mx borad?

Hello All,
I have Asus A7N266-VM nForce1, old but makes a nice HTPC rig with MCP-D, Dolby sound and GF2mx graphics.

I have Shuttle MN31N nForce2 with IGP & MCP-T, SPDIF out, dual monitors, firewire, mild OCs

Chaintech 7NIF2 nForce2 has IGP and integrated TV-out
Albatron KM18G Pro 2.0 Same as above

Biostar M7NCG Pro has IGP & MCP-T and is the best OCing AMD mATX MoBo available.

Good Luck!
Regards, Balrog

Balrog said:
Hello All,
I have Asus A7N266-VM nForce1, old but makes a nice HTPC rig with MCP-D, Dolby sound and GF2mx graphics.

Biostar M7NCG Pro has IGP & MCP-T and is the best OCing AMD mATX MoBo available.

Thanks for nice info... If you have tested the Biostar M7NCG, what's hightest FSB did you reach? I hear their bios don't have Multipier right?

Any info bout the MSI board w/ Nforce2 IGP? Their have nice feature like, IDE and SATA RAID built on and firewire and more... But don't how well it o/c?

Balrog said:
Hello All,

Thanks for nice info... If you have tested the Biostar M7NCG, what's hightest FSB did you reach? I hear their bios don't have Multipier right?

Any info bout the MSI board w/ Nforce2 IGP? Their have nice feature like, IDE and SATA RAID built on and firewire and more... But don't how well it o/c?

Hello All, Hey BioS I don't have the M7NCG Ver4.0 or Pro, which are the 2 latest versions both with full OC options, voltages, multis, timings and FSB. You'd be better served to come on over to www.nforcershq.com forums where a lot of us nforce junkies hang out, there is a Biostar section with plenty of info and owners you can talk to yourself. I've talked to a few and read some posts, looks like 210-220FSB possible, don't know what multis are offered. I don't know anything about the MSI board, is it mATX?
Regards, Balrog

Balrog said:
Hello All, I have Shuttle MN31N nForce2 with IGP & MCP-T, SPDIF out, dual monitors, firewire, mild OCs

What bout the Shuttle MN31N? what's the highest FSB did you reach again? It looking good to has Dual Monitors out put. Or i may consider Epox. It also have Dual Monitors too.

Hello All, I got to 180FSB stable with a Barton 2500+ and 2 X 256mb Crucial PC2700 BioS, after OCing the core with Riva Tuner I score between 5300-5500 in 3DMark, good enough for the games and stuff I do with it. I've heard people have gotten higher than 185 with better memory, but not much further. If you mod the MoBo or your CPU to get some multis or VCore you might squeak 200FSB, but really if you want to OC, get the Biostar and make it easy on yourself. Yup the dual monitors work great, I'm on it right now as I'm in the middle of modding the ti4200 card on my AN35N. The Epox 8RGA+ with dual monitor support is a great board at a good price but thats ATX sized and I thought you were looking for mATX. You might want to consider one of the Shuttle XPC rigs, easy to build, look sweet and they have an nForce2 model with the IGP, too expensive for my budget though.
Regards, Balrog

Thanks for those nice info. I'm looking at lease 200fsb and further.. I'm running a Abit Nf7-s can 220fsb easily, so want to be back.

May i will go for Biostar, Epox or Abit Nf7-M then.. Yeah.. i'm mainly lookin for mATx for my girl friend. If mATX can reach my FSB need, will stay ATX board then.

Micro-ATX boards mostly suck for O/C, since they primary are made for the OEM market. Usually they dont have any options for changing any voltages, FSB or multiplier. If you are lucky there is a jumper that allows you to set 100/133/166 mhz FSB.

Some(maybe all?) nforce2 motherboards can make use of the dual DDR function for the onboard VGA. If you use dual DDR you will almost get ti4200 performance.

Also remember that u will loose 128 Mb of RAM for the VGA.

Henry Rollins II said:
Some(maybe all?) nforce2 motherboards can make use of the dual DDR function for the onboard VGA. If you use dual DDR you will almost get ti4200 performance.

Also remember that u will loose 128 Mb of RAM for the VGA.

Do you mean Nforce2 board CAN or CAN NOT run with Dual Channel ram?

Also, Are they all share 128mb? Great, don't have pay extra cash for GF4 vid card. I'm not a crazy gamer, So 128mb of ram out of 512mb won't effect me.

I dont believe the igp will work with a fsb higher than 166. thats what I have seen anyway

Back