• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does this mean

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pappasmurf

Registered
if i have xp2200 = 266mhz and pc3200 = 400mhz that my memory is only actually running @ the fsb speed of 266 or am i talking crap

as for my timings, these are 6-2-2-2 is this good, bad ??
wont be oc`ing just look for the fastest / stable i can get my NF7-S v2

thanks for any replies

No your thinking is correct both the processor and memory are double data rate which effectively means they double pump a 133 mhz FSB ( 2x133 = 266mhz ) and as such the bus speed of the memory as you correctly stated wuld be 266 if run on a 1-1 ratio

Unseen is correct I'm jsut going to add a little more...You can run your RAM at 400mhz while your CPU is at 266, your just going to change the ratio of RAM to CPU to 150%. However, I don't recall the benchmarks but running asynchronous on modern AMD's might cause a performance HIT!!! I know it did for small jumps like 266 cpu and 333 RAM, 400 RAM may be a boost though. Check bencharmks, and also that is NOT overclocking because everything is running at it's rated speeds.

Good luck, :)

Back