• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K9A2 - How can I lock AGP/PCI at 66/33

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonathanb

System:
Epox 8K9A2 (w/ latest bios 7/2/03)
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton
512 MB Corsair XMS PC3200
Nvidia Geforce 4 ti 4200

Problem:
I can run fine at stock speed (2500 processor / 333 mem). I can also run fine at higher CPU speeds if I increase the multiplier.
However, If I try upping the FSB to 200 in the BIOS it boots as an Athlon 3200+ with PC 2700 mem at 333MHZ? then I get a blue "Stop" screen as soon as windows starts to load. I have even reinstalled windows XP - still have the same problem at 200 FSB.

I have tried increasing the voltage to the mem up to 2.8v - same problem. I have also tried increasing the v to the processor - same problem. I have tried the recommended memory settings and even more conservative ones - same problem. heat is not the problem as temps are low and I am running with the case open and a large fan blowing in (for now)

I noticed that in the BIOS when I set the FSB to 200, it says that the AGP will be running at 80? and the PCI at 40? Is this the problem? I havent done any overclocking for a while, but I seem to remember that overclocking the AGP/PCI bus even a little was generally bad. The problem I have is that I don't see a BIOS setting on the 8K9A2 to lock or change the divider to get the AGP/PCI back down to 66/33.

Are people that are running their 2500+ chips at 3200+ using FSB 200 keeping their AGP/PCI speed at 66/33? If so, will this MB allow this?

Any other ideas what the problem is and any way to fix it?
THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

Back