• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possesed fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Well I went away for a week and I came back (I had turned my computer completly off) and on of my intake fans is not blowing the wrong way? I have to fans in the front bottem of my computer on intake. Now I feel air blowing instead of ...sucking :D I put a piece of paper in front of it and it certainly pushes ot away. WTF? Mabye I'm just uninformed but do fans reverese their direction? The brand it Sonon. But mabye I did somthing to the fan in my sleep and didn't know? :D

id say you should stop sleep walking, and if that dosent work lock your computer up and give the key to someone else in your house and get it back every morning

I think the sleep thing might be it. I took a much closer look and it has been reveresed. And I know that it wasn't like that a week ago. I'v gotten pretty crazy at night but that is usually when I am too hot. When I get too hot or other unknown reasone I ususlly start walking around the house freaked outa my mind mumbling garbage until someone wakes up and talks some sense into me. (really, its happend like 4 times) Perhaps I did some late night computer modding :D Or someone in my house has a death wish.

errr that's interesting....
Next thing you know you will wake up and find that you fried your comp trying to mod it in your sleep :eek:

cherryp00t said:
hahah maybe its not the fan thats possessed =x
Sometimes I do wonder :D. I hope its somthing I will grow outa...but recently when I wake up I know I'm crazy so no matter how freaked I am, I stay in bed. And that only seems to happen when I'm hot sooo I better leave the AC on ;) . So the word it that fans do not ever stop and start rotating the other direction am I right?

Some night you will be taking the cooler off of your processor and in the morning bad things happen :x

You are correct BB, fan's will not stop at some set interval and rotate the other way. It would be pointless :)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

i hope you have a window so every time you turn on your comp you can check it out first and when it turns on ;) :D

Oh I have a huge window. I will be hooking up Romebabys 5 gallon style water cooler up tonight. Hey if a water pump broke and it started zapping the water, would the charge go all the way through your tubes and into your processor and so on? or does the charge only go so far. Of course depending on the type of water used.

i know that they can brake and zap (electricit) the water, because my bro used to work in fish store and it happened once.

Hey if a water pump broke and it started zapping the water, would the charge go all the way through your tubes and into your processor and so on? or does the charge only go so far. Of course depending on the type of water used.
The electricity will take any routes that get it where it wants to go (power supply ground or the other side of a capacitor). If the tube broke and spilled over your CPU, it would short every pin to every other pin and fry your processor. If it spilled over, say, your hard drives, it could short the circuitry or even drip into the drive and really mess things up. If it were to spill on the molex power connector to your motherboard, you can kiss just about everything goodbye. Then again, a small drip down the side of some things won't do anything at all.

And yes, it does depend somewhat of the type of water you use. If you use perfectly deionized water, it won't conduct electricity at all (though it will quickly absord solutes from the air, dust and whatever it's on). If there are solutes in the water, it will conduct.

Back