• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest86 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3lson

i built a new comp for myself recently [xp2500 barton oc'ed to a 3200] with 1 gb of ddr [infineon] and prime 95 ran great... but memtest 86 locks up on the 5th test...[about 12 minutes into the operation] it says 0 errors but it just locks.

do u think the files copied wrong??...i burned a new copy onto a bootable cd to try again, but have to shutdown for it and its a pain.

so does neone think that my mem wuznt passing? or its just the cd?

a long time, got through a couple of the self tests and never got to an error point

by a couple self tests i mean like "passked 10k self tets" not like test 1, 2 , 3, etc.

im running it currently also.

btw, i also reburned the boot cd and the same problem

about 12.5 minutes through it locks up.. ctrl+alt+del doesnt work

hmm ok i am running prime 95 now and its near test 800 on the 8k length...however b4 this it did find a fault only after 5 mins...im running it now tho and its been goin for an hour.

I am sure it has nothing to do with the CD...

A good time frame for running p95 non-stop is at least 12 hours... I run it between 18-24+ to be extra sure. If you search these forums, you will find many folks who have gotten an error even after 8 hours of p95.

whats a good amt of time to run memtest for?

my primes been goin strong for 8 hours now ever since i upped the vcore to 1.7; ill leave it on over night and go for 24

thx for the help

I start with an hour at my baseline and increase the duration as I increase the overclock..:p

SP

Back