• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unplugging NB fan on 7VAXP-U

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

I am building a 2100+ system that I am keeping dead silent (or as close as I can get) and that damn whiney NB fan is a little too loud for it. I am not going to be overclocking it all and it is running all older parts so is it safe to unplug the NB fan but leave the HSF on there for a little cooling?

A local store had a lot of noisy fans on VAXP systems they had sold so rather than RMA all the mobos back to Gigabyte they requested they be sent some fans. The response from Gigabyte was that the fans were just cosmetic so they could be removed with no probs. The store was a bit sceptical but removed the fans from some systems and even OCed some of them and all ran without a hitch. The reply from Gigabyte was posted on their forum but unfortunately its been down for a while so I cant post a link.
Hood

Back